horcruxes

"How are you feeling, Miss. Black?" Dumbledore asked as he sat behind his desk. Rose slowly sat down and tried to ignore the stares of the portraits on the wall.

"I'm fine," Rose said, much harsher than she meant it to come out. Rose took a deep breath and repeated the phrase with a much kinder tone. "I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine," Dumbledore said as he observed her tense figure.

"Well, I am," Rose lied.

"Your outburst in the Great Hall says different," Dumbledore said. Rose didn't say anything and she stared at the many objects on Dumbledore's desk instead of looking at the man.

"Miss. Black, this works better if you talk as well," Dumbledore said softly.

"I don't have anything to say," Rose said.

"I believe that is a lie," Dumbledore told Rose, who once again didn't respond. Dumbledore let out a sigh. "I can understand if you are feeling suffocated right now, but this is necessary. You know the prophecy. If you were to fall into Voldemort's hands, he could win this war."

"I wouldn't do that," Rose said. "I would never help him."

"That is what many people your age say, but yet Voldemort's army grows bigger each and every day," Dumbledore said.

"Can I leave?" Rose asked. Dumbledore frowned as he realized that Rose didn't want to talk.

"Of course," Dumbledore said. "You may be excused from classes as well, if you wish."

Rose just nodded and left the office. Instead of going to her room, Rose went down to the Black Lake and sat in the boat house until it grew dark.

"Where in Merlin's name are you?" The panicked voice of Hermione yelled. Rose sighed loudly as she stood up.

"I'm here, Mione," Rose called. Hermione found Rose and tackled her in a hug in two seconds.

"We were so worried. You never came to class and then you weren't in your room," Hermione said rapidly. "And then we almost wrote to your parents but-"

"I'm fine," Rose interrupted. Hermione frowned at her friend.

"Let's go back to the castle so that everyone can stop looking," Hermione said. Rose just nodded and made her way to the castle.

"Miss. Black! Thank Merlin!" Mcgonagall sighed when she saw Rose and Hermione. The relieved look on her face quickly turned into a look of anger. "Ten points from Gryffindor."

Rose just shrugged and continued her way to her room.

"There you are! I was so worried!" Harry said when Rose entered the portrait. Hermione looked back and forth between Rose and Harry before giving Rose's hand a squeeze and leaving the room.

"I just wanted to be alone," Rose murmured as she went to open her door. Harry reached out and lightly grabbed her wrist before she could.

"You're not going to ignore me. We're going to talk," Harry said.

"I don't want to talk," Rose told him angrily as she ripped her wrist out of his hand. Harry looked and saw that she wasn't wearing the promise ring.

"Where's your ring?" Harry asked softly, all anger leaving him as he stared at her bare hand.

"In the trash, just like our relationship," Rose snapped at him before slamming her door in his face and using her wand to lock it. Harry knocked on her door and pleaded with her to open it, but Rose just cast a charm so she couldn't hear him anymore.