Chapter 11: Repair for Kal'tsit

{Doctor}

I sat in my office sorting out a bunch of papers. Echo came in with another small pile. she wasn't wearing her coat. Instead, she had a sleeveless shirt with the R.I symbol printed on the shoulder. she wore black leggings and her usual black high top shoes. Her long black hair was tied back in a pony tail. she set the pile on my desk.

"That's the last of them, Kazuma-Kun...Phew, those other piles were heavy...what would you like me to do now?"

"Why don't you take a quick break, i'll finish sorting these out." I said.

"Are you sure? I could do other things if you want me to..."

"Yeah, We should be good for now."

"Okay...I will...go take a break I guess!" She turned and slowly walked out of the office.

"Okay....Cure Docs....Factory orders....Operator files....Clues....Wait, what the-- why is this not in the clue room?" I thought out loud. I put the Clue aside. I'll have Echo run it back down  to the clue room when she gets back. I heard the sounds of shoes walking slowly down the marble floors. The sounds stopped right outside the office. a couple seconds later, the sounds resumed and another person walked into the office. It was Dr. Kal'tsit.

I looked up at her over the stacks of papers. She didn't look irritated or anything... good, so she must be in a somewhat Ok mood today.

"kazuma...I need to ask a favor." She said.

"yyyyes? And what might that favor be?"

She showed me her Mechanical Forarm that I made for her a year ago. It was hanging limp.

"It stopped working this morning...and it cut out while I was making coffee. I dropped the pot and it made a mess. The only task I need to do today requires two hands, so can you please fix it for me?"

I set down my papers and took off my reading glasses.

"I don't know...you were kinda mean last night"

"Please, It's already humiliating enough having only one good arm and this one dangling uselessly."

"You know, Kal'tsit, you are awfully polite and nice whenever you need something from me, but on any other occasion..."

She scowled at me.

"Fine! I'll go find someone else to fix it then."

"You can try...But that is a model created uniquely by me. it uses custom bolts, screws, and wiring.  No other mechanic is going to even have the right tools, or let alone know how to fix it."

"I...need...two hands..." She begged.

"Alright...I'll fix it for you. Only if you can quit being so mean to me."

Kal'tsit sighed. her anger faded.

"Fine..."

"Come here, let me take a look.''

Kal'tsit sat in the chair next to me. I took off her mechanical arm, glancing at the heavily scarred stump. Kal'tsit Covered it up with her Doctor's coat.

"Please...don't look at it...I don't like to be seen like this.''

"Okay...sorry..."

I took some of my special tools and unscrewed a few pieces off the Wrist. i then Twisted it and pulled it open. I took out the green Power Crystal {Not Originuim}

"That's why. Somehow the Power Crystal got busted...were you doing any heavy work?"

Kal'tsit scratched her chin.

"Must have been the time I tripped with 15 pound boxes. they ended up falling on it."

"Must have been. Good thing I have an extra..." I opened my junk drawer in my desk and looked around, I found a newer crystal in there. I inserted it into the slot in the wrist and I sealed it and twisted it back into position. I screwed the parts back on and carefully put it back onto Kal'tsit's  stump. It molded itself onto her stump.

"there...you might want to be a little more careful until I can find some tougher Power Crystals. Is there anything else you want?"

"No...th-thank you..." she stood up and started to leave. She stopped and turned around.

"Look...I'm...sorry for being a bitch to you all the time...I want to make it up to you...are you doing anything tonight?"

"No..." I said, unsure of where this was going.

"Alright...Meet me at my dorm at 8:00...don't be late." She left the room.

I thought for a second. That was a little unusual for Kal'tsit to make up for something. Maybe I made her feel really bad. I shrugged. Alright. I guess I'll go meet her tonight and see what she has in mind."