21

trialsssss by starset

10:21 kekekekekekekekekkefgvjbkifksdcvjfdkxmcfnvfjskxmdnfjdsmnd AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

if i dont finish this before i go to bed id like to be slapped across the face tyvm

^ and then run me over with a bus

The last round of dodgeball was the most memorable.

It was Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jongwoon, and Changbin for the last people left. Yoojung, a girl from Wonwoo's math class, would've been in the last round had she not gotten out.

Mingyu kept his gaze on Wonwoo and Wonwoo did the same. They seemed to be aware of the same thing, as they kept on looking at each other's hands. Neither of them wanted to make a scene about it, though, so they just watched.

Jongwoon aimed for Wonwoo and before he could throw the ball, Mingyu had gotten him out. Before Mingyu could throw the ball, Changbin threw his, and it was only Wonwoo and Changbin left.

Changbin backed away with a smile. "It's just me and you, pretty boy. Do what you will."

Wonwoo grabbed the ball and threw as hard as he could.

x

That, of course, ended with Wonwoo in the nurse's office with a black eye. Changbin was apologizing over and over.

"Listen, I didn't mean to throw that hard. And I was aiming for your chest!"

"It's fine," Wonwoo waved him off.

"But I missed and it hit y-"

"It's. Fine. Seriously Changbin, stop."

The boy did as told. The door opened to reveal the nurse and another student: Kim Mingyu. He stood in the corner as he awkwardly moved his hands or posture. Wonwoo smiled and Mingyu did. Wonwoo winced and Mingyu flinched. Wonwoo moved and Mingyu coughed.

Once the nurse left, the two of them sat in the silence. That is, until Wonwoo spoke.

"Hello."

"Uh, hi."

"So, why are you here?" Wonwoo questioned as he looked through his backpack.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay. That guy - Changbin - hit you pretty hard."

"You only care," Wonwoo grabbed his make-up, "because we share the same rings, correct?"

"No? I mean yeah, that's part of it, but seriously? He knocked you out with how hard he hit you. I think it'd be messed up if I didn't care, y'know?"

Wonwoo nodded. "Alright."

The silence greeted them in one large wave and they were back to doing random things. Wonwoo was covering up his black eye whilst Mingyu watched and occasionally commented. 

"What class do you have after this?"

Wonwoo looked at him weirdly and put the bag down. "This is our last period."

"Oh, right. Sorry."

"Don't apologize, you probably just forgot," Wonwoo softly spoke. "That's normal. So, tell me about yourself if we're gonna be in here until I'm done with this."

"I'm Mingyu but you uh, probably know that already. Uh... I already met two of our soulmates. I met the first one... four months ago? Yeah. And uh. I like baseball."

"Throw me some more."

"Okay, I have a dog. I... I, uh, live with my grandma. I like to read sometimes."

"What happened to your parents, if I may ask?" 

Mingyu didn't know what was telling him to tell Wonwoo, but he did. He couldn't tell his boyfriend of nearly five months, but he could tell someone he just met? It was odd. He still did it, though.

"On my thirteenth birthday my Mom, uh, died. Because of my Dad. Like. Stabbie stab. Yeah? And then my Dad disappeared so they were unable to hold a trial since he wasn't there. So, uh, now it's just... Yeah. If he shows up, then he shows up."

"I'm sorry about that," Wonwoo spoke as he put his things into his backpack. "Are you planning on doing anything today?"

"Uh, Minghao and Junhui want me to come to the movies with them but I don't really feel like it. They kind of make me feel left out sometimes, I guess."

"Great," he grabbed Mingyu by the arm and exited the building. "You. Me. Pizza. Right here, right now."

alright slap me im too lazy to finish this tonight

11:02 pm wooh