lxiii. one final spark

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬
❝ 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA LEAVES THE ARMORY WITH HASTY footsteps, wasting no time in moving from the dispersing entrance to the other corridors in her task of finding Aragorn

VERA LEAVES THE ARMORY WITH HASTY footsteps, wasting no time in moving from the dispersing entrance to the other corridors in her task of finding Aragorn. She had previously been conversing with her blonde beloved, gently prodding at him to get a reaction from him and a confession as to his rash behavior from before, and then finally acquiring it after Gimli forced it out of him. With a promise and an assignment in her mind, Vera had placed a chaste but sweet kiss on Legolas' cheek before doing the same to Gimli in a more platonic and obnoxious way before departing from her friends momentarily to search for the disgruntled Ranger and make him say his farewells to his friends before the battle may come. She leaves in quick and light footsteps, wishing to evade the suddenly dislodging group of men from the armory as they move to assemble themselves strategically on the walls. 

Vera did all she could to walk away, displeased towards the aching in her heart at the sullen faces of those around her, leading her to a more hurrying pace as she tries to find Aragorn.

As she finally reaches an entrance leading to the hallway of the courtyard where Vera suspects Aragorn resides in after searching the entire stronghold for several minutes, she is halted in her steps as a hand grabs the cloth of her dress and pulls her back. Squealing softly in surprise, Vera reels back and glares at her attacker, crossing her arms together after swatting her cousin's arms away from her dress. The mermaid had been momentarily alarmed, nearly punching her assailant in the face when he dodged it and it consequently lands on her friend behind him, Edgar. Vera now wishes she had punched Grimmund instead of Edgar, noting the painful groans stifled from the blonde man as Grimmund ignores it unceremoniously and turns to Vera with an urgent heed in his eyes. 

"Have you seen Haleth?" asks Grimmund instantly after she appears at his side, giving her no time to complain as she grumbles either way.

Vera raises an eyebrow, giving him a scorned look as he waves her off and shifts his head side to side to try and find the said boy. Vera doesn't answer his question, placing an arm on her hip and demandingly looking at her cousin. "No farewells and lovely greetings for your dear cousin? No apologies for dragging me here by the cloth or forcing me against my will, which is practically kidnapping? Where are your manners, honestly? Am I supposed to know what a Haleth is?" Vera fires her questions daringly, squinting her eyes at her cousin in annoyance as he glares right back at her with as much fire. 

Edgar notices the tension rising between them and decides to diffuse it, stepping in whilst cradling his black eye as a result of Vera's punch before flashing the rigid cousins a wary smile. "Alright, you both need to calm down...I understand that you are both tense and apprehensive of what is to come and everybody is. We do not need any more people causing and adding more fuel to the fire and making it worst so take two deep breaths—" Edgar attempts to calm the cousins down but stops as they both snap their heads at him and growl in agitation.