46.

Zuria
Two weeks later

"Are you good, Z?" Retta asked as I moved slowly toward the bar, just trying to get myself together.

It'd been a long week for me and after having the procedure done, all I wanted to do was sleep but I knew I couldn't. I had work and I was still looking into getting my car and apartment next month.

There were just things that needed to be done aside from what went down.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I expressed a sI saw Mitch walking through the club and walking directly passed our station.

"Y'all good?" She asked and I shook my head slowly, biting my bottom lip to keep from crying.

"He hates me, Retta." I admitted, feeling myself becoming choked up.

After I'd gotten the procedure done, Mitch cut all ties with me. He'd blocked me from texting or calling him and all I had was the hope that he could one day forgive me.

And just understand where I was coming from.

"He hates me." I repeated, looking down at my hands.

"Look, I know it may be hard now but maybe y'all just weren't right for each other. History means nothing, you know?"

"Especially if he can't respect what you wanted to do. You wanted an abortion and you can do just that with your body. The fuck?" She went on, telling me like she'd told me before after I'd explained everything to her.

"Some people you just have to leave in the dust, Zuria. You're a good woman and you deserve a good man."

"He is a good man." I defended, not liking her words right now.

Usually I agreed with what she had to say but Mitch was not an evil person, he just made fucked up decisions. And I wouldn't allow her to sit here and speak on him like this.

"I'm just saying, boo. Y'all are always arguing and he can't ever see to get it right with you even with therapy.." She trailed off as I put my eyes to the sky, mad that I'd even shared this information with her now since she was using it as a weapon on me to invalidate my feelings right now.

"I think it's just best if the both of you move on." She shrugged and I scoffed, shaking my head with a smile.

"Bitch, shut the fuck up." Was all I could say as I stood there filled with anger.

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at me with genuine confusion.

"I said shut the fuck up." I spoke sternly this time.

"I'm so sick of your ass. I don't know what it is or why you hate Mitch so much but it's annoying at this point, Retta."

"Girl, are you crazy? I'm just telling you the truth and you don't want to hear that." She defended and I shook my head no.

"No. You're telling me bullshit and that's the reason why I'm in this position in the first place."

"Yeah, blame me." She scoffed, trying to wave me off.

"Girl, you know it's true."

"First the kiss then you filling my head with bullshit then watching and laughing once I got caught at the strip club audition-" I started but stopped, realizing this bitch was apart of a lot of my down fall and I hadn't even realized it.

"And I'm sure you knew exactly who the owner of this club was. That's why you were so quick to quit your other job." I scoffed, watching as she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Bitch, you're delusional."

"And you're fake as fuck and I should've never let you get in my head." I spat back to her as she shrugged carelessly.

"I don't even know why I listened to you. You ain't never had a steady man and you ain't never gon' have one."

"Because they don't want you, they just want to fuck you. You ain't the type a girl a nigga would ever marry." I snaked my neck as she looked at me with her lips tooted, obviously offended by my words.

"You were jealous and wanted me to be miserable like you and I should've realized that." I shook my head, coming to a realization at this point.

"Girl, at least none of my niggas ever had a baby on me and I stayed for it. You bum ass bitch." She spat back to me and I nodded slowly.

"Because the niggas you fuck already have babies and wives at home, you home wrecking ass whore." I flipped my hair, walking away from her.

"Fuck you bitch, that stiff ass weave!" She yelled after me but I simply flipped her off, making my way up to Mitch's office.

I needed to talk to him and just let him know that I was sorry for everything I did. I needed him to know that I was simply allowing people to get in my head and I figured because everybody else thought we weren't ready for a baby that we actually weren't ready for a baby.

I'd never meant to do any of this. I just wanted to make us work and if that was starting over from the beginning, I'd do just that.

Getting onto the elevator, I pressed for the top floor as I stood there nervously. I knew he wanted ms dead right now but all I could do was hope for the best and hope that he would hear me out.

It was important that he did.

The elevator seemed to be moving extremely fast today as it dinged and the door opened at the top floor.

Making my way off of it, I saw security standing in front of his door but I thought nothing of it as I causally tried to walk passed them.

"No one's allowed in there." The security guard weirdly pressured, pushing me back.

"Um, hello. This is my boyfriend's office." I expressed to him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Boss says no one's allowed in." He went onto say, looking straight ahead as I stood there dumbfounded.

"Are you serious?" I asked, considering this man had seen me plenty of times before and here I was being kept away like some groupie.

Scoffing, I pulled out my phone and tried to call Mitch, instantly remembering I was blocked.

"Can you just tell him to come out here then?" I asked becoming fed up. I needed to talk to him.

"No can do." He slowly shook his head and I sighed deeply, feeling anger taking over my body.

"Yeah, you won't have a job after this." I scoffed, trying to call him again and receiving nothing but the voicemail.

Sighing deeply, I stood there a while before I became tired of playing these games.

"Fine." I said to myself, just deciding I'd go to his house after work.

Turning to leave, I watched as the door swung open and I gasped at the site in front of me.

It was Mitch and a random girl I'd never seen before.

*