Out to Get Lunch

Kara sat down patiently in the elevator, sitting next to Jess's legs. Stevie had followed them, as security for Jess. The guard was standing behind Jess, who was looking down at her phone, who seemed to squeal every once in a while, before clearing her throat. They were making their way to the lobby.

'Noonan's? I thought Lena would have lunch from some fancy restaurant.' Kara thought, sniffing Jess's shoes, a part of her curious for some reason. 'When I met Lena at Noonan's weeks ago, I was surprised. She had been so nice. Although, she had been a bit....reserved. Which is understandable, she probably didn't get the best impression of me because of Clark.'

Kara raised her head when she heard the elevator Ding!

Jess made no move to exit the elevator, so Kara stayed put. A woman entered the elevator, shooting a glance at Kara. Kara shot the woman a wide puppy smile, and saw the woman start to smile. "Hi!" Kara let out a small bark.

'It feels nice making people smile.' Kara glanced at Stevie, who glanced at her with a slight smile on his face. Kara felt her tail start to wag. 'Even if I can't do much, I'm glad I can make someone smile.'

Ding!

"Come along, Kara." Jess started to move forward. Kara stood up and trailed after her. Kara glanced around the lobby, looking at all the ongoing bustle. Kara was careful, sticking close to Jess as they made their way to the exit doors.

Once they made it to the doors, they walked out onto the street. Kara immediately started sniffing the ground. 'So many smells. I just have to-ugh No no no, focus.' Kara raised her head, continuing to follow Jess.

It felt nice to be outside. The slight wind she felt through her fur coat felt amazing. Kara hadn't realized how much she missed the outdoors until now.

Kara spotted a couple of dogs in the distance, but Jess seemed to make sure not to get too close to them.

It took a few minutes until they made it to Noonan's. Kara sniffed, raising her snout up high. 'Smells so good. I wish I was in my normal form.' Kara whined, feeling hungry again.

Jess handed the leash to Stevie, who led Kara to the edge of the street to wait. Kara sat down, the sunlight feeling lovely on her fur, still sniffing the amazing smells from the store. Kara heard a loud booming noise in the distance, making her ears perk up. Kara glances at Stevie, who didn't seem to worry.

Kara closed her eyes, and focused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Any updates with the alien, 'Supergirl'?" Alex asked, keeping J'onn and the alien in her sights. The alien had managed to smash through a couple of shops along the street as a rhino before J'onn managed to get its attention. Several DEO agents, along with some NCPD, were focused on extracting several injured civilians from the damaged stores.

"It appears it can't communicate with me, neither verbally nor through telepathy." J'onn let out a grunt as he forcefully stopped the rhino's charge. "I think this is the alien we have been tracking lately. A rhino doesn't appear out of nowhere."

"Very well. Keep it from charging. Winn?"

"I looked into the surrounding cameras, and the rhino didn't appear out of nowhere exactly." Alex could hear the tapping sounds of a keyboard.

"Explain." Alex jogged over to one of their black vans, a couple of agents keeping watch. Alex kept an eye on the rhino and J'onn.

"The barbershop managed to capture a black cat transforming in the alleyway next to it-Why are there so many alleyways in Natio-"