Twenty-Seven || Vending Troubles

|| Vending Troubles

"Are you really going to find the answer in a library?" Stiles followed Jacy through deserted aisles of old books in the downtown library, each of them with stacks of dusty and leather bound books in their arms.

"All questions can be answered in a library." Jacy pulled a faded book from a lower level. "You just have to know where to look."

"You should put that on a bumper sticker."

Jacy rolled her eyes, finding the most secluded work table for them to sit at. "Okay, so we're looking for anything related to supernatural kidnapping." She scrunched her nose as she set her books down on the wood desk. "Good luck to us, then."

"This should be easy." Stiles took a seat next to Jacy, running his hands through his hair. He took a book off the top of his stack, flipping it open.

"About as easy as all the things in this town," Jacy remarked, starting to thumb through a thick purple book titled 'History of Ghosts'.

"Perfect. Then impossible is the word we're looking for."

"Not impossible. Not completely, at least."

Jacy glanced over Stiles' shoulder, Aiden looming.

Stiles looked up, catching a changed expression on Jacy's face. "Jace?" he softly asked. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine." She moved her eyes back down to her book without anything else.

"For now, at least." Aiden leaned against a bookshelf, crossing his arms over his chest. He picked off a certain book, tossing it onto their table. "Try that one."

Stiles gave Jacy a curious look. "Do we have a guest?"

"Guest would imply them being welcome," Jacy muttered, grabbing a corner of the newly arrived item.

"The Guide to a Clean House?" Stiles tilted his head, "Is the ghost of that janitor Peter killed the one you're talking to?"

"Not quite," Jacy replied, absently twisting one of her earrings. "But I would definitely prefer it if it was."

"Don't open it. Check it out when you leave." Aiden leaned over, whispering in her ear. "You'll know what to do."

Stiles watched Jacy, her eyes shutting. A knick appeared on her throat, a drip of blood trailing down her neck. "Hey," he quickly said, getting up from his spot.

"I'm fine." She ran her sleeve over her scratch. "I'm fine, Stiles."

"No you're not." Stiles took her hands and moved them out of the way. "Who is it?"

"If you tell him, it'll tip off Scott. Stiles always runs to Scott." Aiden smiled sickly. "I'll kill him if you say it's me. Come on, Jace. Don't make me kill your new boyfriend."

"It's no one." Jacy sighed, her fingers wrapping around Stiles'. "It's just one of the bad guys. One of many."

Aiden growled, "Don't make this worse for yourself, Parrish."

Jacy kissed Stiles' hand like he had hers earlier, "I'm promise I'm okay."

"Okay," Stiles said after a moment, returning to the books meant to get Allison, Boyd and Erica back.

Jacy touched the scratch on her neck, it stinging slightly. Her fingers grazed the cover of the house cleaning novel written in the 80's. She left it alone, worried for the safety of Stiles.