112

It took Jessica at least two days to feel better. But as the weeks went by, the boys seemed to be getting themselves into something without Jessica even knowing.

So, as she made her way out into the library, Jessica found a note on the table from Sam and Dean.

"Went out for a couple of days, don't worry, we'll be back. Kevin has solved the word of god and led us to the first trial. We should be back in a few days. If you need anything, call me. -Dean."

Jessica sighed and looked around the library. She made her way over to a comfy chair near a large bookshelf and sat down.

"You thinking about him?" A familiar voice startled Jessica.

"Oh, just go away. I've seen you way to many times." Jessica groaned as Melissa walked forward.

"You know we're getting closer to that separation spell, right?" Melissa sat across from Jessica.

"Sure." Jessica pinched the bridge of her nose. "Honestly, I don't care anymore."

"What?" Melissa looked at Jessica confused. "Don't you want to get rid of me? Don't you want my help?!"

Jessica sighed. "Look, I can get rid of you. It's called an angel blade. I can just stick it right here," she pointed to her heart. "And you go poof."

"Yeah, so do you. You'll die."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Honestly, I think I'm already dying. My powers are failing me."

Melissa shook her head. "You're charging up. Our body is changing!"

Jessica stood up quickly.

"Oh just shut the hell up! Stop reminding me that I'm changing or evolving. I don't care! I just want my powers back. That's all I ask."

"They'll come back." Melissa stepped forward. "They'll come back when you need them the most."

Jessica scoffed. "Why is it that you know so much about me than I know myself?"

Melissa shifted on her feet and kept her mouth shut. Then, she disappeared.

"Huh, weird." Jessica scratched her head and walked throughout the bunker.

As the days went on, Jessica heard less from Melissa. It was strange. The woman liked making appearances. But now, she wasn't showing up at all. And Jessica didn't mind it one bit.

Jessica made her way back into the library after she had taken a shower. Just as she stepped foot into the room, the door to the bunker opened.

"Hey, there you are!" Jessica smiled at the two boys. But they didn't smile back. They seemed shaken up a bit.

"Guys, are you alright?"

Sam and Dean walked down the stairs. Sam went to his room and Dean went straight for Jessica. He wrapped his arms around the woman and hugged her tightly.

"Hey," Jessica whispered. "Dean, what's wrong?"

Dean pulled away and cleared his throat. "We had a case involving a witch and a Familiar. But that doesn't matter now. I'm just glad to see you." He pulled Jessica to his chest and kissed her lips.

"How'd the first trial go? Are you hurt or anything?"

Dean slightly shook his head. "I didn't do the trial. Sam did. He passed the first one and now he has to finish the other two."

"Oh." Jessica nodded her head. "Well, I'm sure he'll be alright."

"Yeah." Dean smiled down at the girl. "Let's just hope the trials work."