42

Justin

I woke up with a headache out of this world and the feeling of a warm body beside me. I sat there confused for a second before the memories of last night came flooding back.

Had I really slept with Jessica last night? How was I going to tell Amari about this?

Was I supposed to tell Amari? We aren't together and I'm sure she's happy with Tyler.

I had to stop putting her first when she didn't do it for me. I had to stop loving her so much.

I sighed and ran a hand across my face before laying back and staring at the ceiling. Maybe I was too harsh on her yesterday. I didn't even give her time to explain anything to me. But I know what I saw! Did I, though?

What am I doing? Thinking of her when I had someone else in my bed? This was pathetic.

"I can feel your heart pounding from over here. Calm down." Jessica mumbled turning around to look at me.

"I am calm." I said staring at her. "We weren't supposed to do this. You're our couple's therapist."

"You know, that's exactly what a girl wants to hear when she first wakes up." She said sarcastically with amusement lacing her features. "We were drunk, but even I know that nothing happened."

"I wasn't drunk." I said.

"Well, you're the worse tipsy person I've ever met." She smirked sitting up. "Where's your bathroom?"

"Over there." I pointed to it.

I watched her walk into the bathroom and close the door behind herself. That was when I noticed her dress had be replaced with one of my shirts. It was my button down baby blue shirt. The one Amari had given me when I first met her parents all those years ago. That was the first and last time I had worn it, but I kept it because it was special to me. It was like the shirt had magical powers or something because everything was perfect that day. Sure, I was super nervous and sweating a lot, but it was the day Amari's Father shook my hand and told me I was welcomed over any time. The day her Mother told her to keep me around. The day I told Amari I loved her and she didn't make me feel stupid for saying it. It had just slipped out when we were in the car and she was singing to whatever was on the radio. It was silent for a second until she reached over and held onto my hand. The exact words she had said were;

"That's probably the first time any guy has ever told me he loved me and actually meant it." She smiled at me. "I know it's true because you didn't think about it. You just said it. I love you too."

"Don't say it back if you don't mean it." I said squeezing her hand. "It is still early."

"But I do mean it." She laughed. "Falling in love with you is so easy. You're perfect."

"Hey, if you need a toothbrush there should be a new one in the cabinet." I said getting out of bed.

"Okay!" She called back from the other side of the bathroom door.

Last night, Jessica was easy to talk to. She made me feel like someone was actually listening for the first time in a while. Most of my night was spent with me having a good time and not feeling sad about what happened between me and Amari. Amari hardly crossed my mind last night. I couldn't remember the last time I was able to just forget about her.