More Demon Names Than You Knew Existed

We're sticking to Abrahamic, Zoroastrian, and Greek demons for now, because if I were going to list demons from every single culture, we would be here all day. The sources are An Encyclopedia of Demons and Demonology by Rosemary Ellen Guiley and Names of the Damned: The Dictionary of Demons by Michelle Belanger. Most of this list is paraphrased from those sources. Original sources include, but are not limited to: The Lesser Key of Solomon/Lemegeton, The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, The Testament of Solomon, the Pseudomonarchia Daemonium, the Grande Grimoire, Dictionnaire Infernal, the Munich Handbook, The Sworn book of Honorius. "Goetic demons" are the 72 demons of the Ars Goetia in the Lemegeton. Aerial spirits and their subordinates, who are associated with points on the compass, are from the Ars Therugia in the Lemegeton (it's important to know the name of each demon's superior so that you can command it in the name of its boss). Demons of disease are from the Testament of Solomon. Many of the suggested etymologies come from translator S.L. MacGregor Mathers, and I don't know how accurate they are.

Once again, the line between angel and demon can be thin at times. A lot of the names on this list have the same structure as angel names, because demons are supposed to be fallen angels. The spirits from the Ars Therugia (compass demons and subordinates) are specified as demons, but most of them are more benign than the Ars Goetia spirits are. Some of the 72 Goetia spirits are also demonized Canaanite or Mesopotamian deities. Also, although the Watchers are traditionally considered evil, most of them are on the previous list.

This is over thirty pages. I am so done with this project! I hope you find it useful.

Abaddon: The "Angel of the Bottomless Pit." Sometimes identified with Satan, or else another Lord of the Abyss, if not the Abyss itself. Means "place of destruction."

Abadir: A demon mentioned in The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, who serves Asmodeus. Possibly means "scattered."

Abahin/Ahabhon: Another demon mentioned in Abramelin, who serves Asmodeus and Astaroth. Means "the terrible one."

Abalam: An attendant to the demon king Paimon.

Abariel: A duke of the day, who can conceal or locate hidden treasure.

Abas: A demon of lies and trickery in Abramelin. He can cast spells of illusion and invisibility. He can also locate precious metals and cause earthquakes.

Abelaios: A demon who can cast invisibility spells.

Abezithibod: A demon from the Testament of Solomon, who is trapped within the Red Sea. Claims to be Beelzebub's offspring.

Abgoth: Demon from a fifteenth-century grimoire, who aids in scrying and discovering thieves.

Abriel: A duke of the west in service to Dorochiel, appearing at noon and dusk.

Abuchaba: A demon of the West Wind, who can change people's minds and make it rain.

Abutes: Another demon in serving Asmodeus and Astaroth, means "bottomless."

Acreba: A duke in service to Barmiel, demon of the South, at night.

Acteras: A duke in service to Barmiel during the day.

Acuar: A demon in service to the kings of the cardinal directions, means "tiller of the earth."

Adramelech: An archdemon, means "king of fire." Appears as a peacock, mule, or horse. (Actually a demonized Samaritan sun god.)