-12- Maybe next time ok? (very important a/n)

Newt. The boy in the Glade with dirty blonde hair. Lanky muscular arms. Brown soft eyes; when you look at them you could melt. And his british accent, the way his lips form words and his thick accent that you could listen to everyday. And his lips, goddamn, don't make me start with his lips.

He's my bestfriend, and the person I like.

But he has someone else in mind.

After we escaped the maze. We are now free, finally free from that disastrous place. Finally free from those shuck Creators.

But that's not the only thing that has happened. It seems my bestfriend, Newt found someone special, which broke my heart, of course.

I was now going to his house, to hang out and do fun stuff with him. I opened his door and was about to greet him until everything changed. And my world stopped turning, my heart stopped beating.

Newt lying on the couch, cuddled up with a random girl. The tears were welling up but they didn't flow. I didn't want to cry infront of Newt. Not now, not especially some girl is in here.

"Oh Y/N? I didn't know you were coming" He said, and stood up, along with the chick.

"Oh no, I was just gonna see if you would want to hang out but it seems that you're busy" I said looking at the girl, eyeing her carefully, up and down.

Damn, she looks hot.

"Oh, I completely forgot. Uhh, Y/N meet Patience Harding." He said, and my eyes widened, she's a model. (I'm not sure if she is a model, just correct me) No wonder she's hot.

"And Patience, babe, this is my bestfriend Y/N" He said, and Patience let out a hand for me to shake, and so I did.

I quickly let go, and I look down to the floor. My eyes getting teary, but why should I be crying over him? He's not worth my tears.

I hear my name being yelled by Newt and I completely zoned out there.

"Y/N, you zoned out. Well, me and Patience are having a movie marathon. Would you like to join us?" Newt said, and I look over to Patience, smiling.

"No. I'm just gonna leave. Have fun." I said sternly, and left his front porch quickly.

I went back home, and grabbed my phone to text Newt -- texting was new to me, since WICKED had to erase everything, even texting -- I typed in the words I wanted to text him, and I was getting the hang of it.

"Want to eat pizza? Tomorrow?" I texted and I got a reply in about 30 seconds.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. Maybe next time, ok?" He replied, and I sighed.

"K" I typed

I didn't get a reply after that. I lied down on my bed thinking, until I got sleepy.

-2 months later-

Maybe next time, ok?

I'm taking Patience to a restaurant, maybe next time, ok?

I'm ice skating with her later, maybe next time, ok?

That's what he was texting me the whole 2 months. Until I didn't text him anymore. I'm getting hurt every second of everyday. Instead of him inviting me to one of their activities, he left me. He forgot me.

I walk to the grocery store seeing that my fridge is all empty, I decided to actually make a living, move on, pick my ass up and finish what I started. (see what I did there 😉)

I went to the aisle of chips, and I picked up the Lays bag, actually giggling because of a joke I heard. That's 30% chips and 70% air, and I just lost it. I laughed way too hard that day.

"You always loved Lays" I heard someone say, a familiar voice, a british accent that stopped interacting with me. I look up and see Newt.

"Newt" I whispered, and he looked at me. He walked towards me, and gave me a hug, suprised, but I didn't hug back.

"Y/N, I missed you" He said, pulling away from the hug.

"Newt, I don't have the time to talk right now. I'm busy, maybe next time, ok?" I said, saying the four exact words he always texted me.

"When are you busy? You always text me if we could hangout-" He was cut off by me talking.

"and what did you say Newt? What did you shucking say? 'Maybe next time, ok?' I was so done looking at my phone with those four words that you always texted me. You were too busy with Patience, I was too busy getting your attention. You forgot about me, I simply forgot about you." I said, walking away.

"And I never stopped liking you, but it seems you don't care anyways" I mumbled, but he heard it.

I walked faster, and paid for all the food that I bought.

I hear someone following me, and I know it's Newt. He'll follow me to the house, for sure.

I walk faster and I reached my house. I open the door, about to close it, until Newt's hand was placed on the door.

"What did you say back there?" He asked.

"Back where?" I asked.

"At the grocery store, what did you say, you mumbled something and what is it?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because it's been 2 months and I miss you Y/N. I only ever cared for was you" He said, and I chuckled harshly.

"Maybe you should've realized that 2 months ago. Do you know how long I waited for you to actually burst into my door, and tell me 'Let's eat a bag of chips, watch crappy movies, and laugh about our silly selves.' But no Newt, you didn't" I said, crying.

"Then let me back into your life. I promise I won't ignore you anymore. I'm your bestfriend. Newt, the tall guy with a limp, the british accent lad that never forgot you. I never forgot you Y/N." He said, with tears pouring down his cheeks.

"Okay, I like you. I really like you Newt. My heart shattered when you were in a relationship with Patience. I cried every night because I see a daily dose of you and Patience on my timeline. Do you know how much you hurt me?" I said, and there were endless tears. He cupped my face, wiped my tears.

"Then let me mend your heart. Let me stick all those shattered pieces of your heart, back together. I'm the glue that will keep you together" He said, and he kissed me.

This kiss was passionate, full of meaning. I savoured this moment, and I will mever let go of this special day.

"I love you" He said, and I smiled.

"I love you more" I said, and he kissed my forehead making me feel safe in his arms.

_________________________

a/n:

Well, that was romantic. And very long omfg

I'm quite proud of this

I'm making a story of Thomas Sangster, it's called Friends and maybe you would want to check it out.

I love you my darlings

-Danielle