Chapter Eight

Darkness.

That is all Annabella could see. Some may have found it scary, but she found it comforting. She had been living in fear for 16 years, and now she felt safe. In some ways, she wished that she wasn't in the darkness and was with Isabella.

She wished she had never driven while angry. It was a dumb decision but it had an alright outcome. She had no idea how long she had been in the endless abyss, but she could hear some things. She often heard a sort of familiar voice speaking to her. It would update her on how she was doing, what they had done that day, and even what was happening on social media.

She could sometimes feel a warm hand holding her cold one. It would warm up her body and she wished it would never leave.

Other times, she was left alone and her mind would wonder. She would think about what Henry, her manager, was thinking about her going off of the radar. He may have never really shown it, but he cared deeply for her. He would do anything to make sure she was safe. She hated the fact that she was probably making him worry out of his mind about her, but there was nothing she could do.

One time that stood out the most to her was when the mystery voice was talking about their day.

"So, I know you probably can't even hear me, but it gives me peace of mind to talk to you. We got the DNA results back today. I was terrified to open them. I didn't want to look and see that I had gotten my hopes up for nothing, but I still managed to look at it." They sighed and waited a minute before continuing.

"Turns out, the results were positive. I have my twin back with me again. It had taken a few minutes to register in my mind what they were, but I haven't seen my dad that happy ever. Not even when he was with my mom. And gosh, my mom. I wish she could have been here to meet my twin again. She only got a few hours with her before she was kidnapped. She would have loved her." They said they were looking back on memories of their mother.

"I have to go, but I will be back tomorrow. Sorry for dumping that on you princess." Something touched her forehead, then she was left in silence and her hand was cold once again.