✾ 13. ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ

"[name]!" and her gradient dark blue ocean eyes widened as she heard herself being called by none other than Kibutsuji Muzan. 

She wasn't sure how. She wasn't sure why. But she knew, deep within her demon blood, she was made to protect Kibutsuji Muzan, even if they were lovers.

The other Upper Moons were defeated, and eventually, none of the Hashiras were killed. Which made [name] utterly mad as she needed to do things by herself instead.

But soon, the Infinity Fortress was rumbling, given how some of the demon slayers the Upper Moons were fighting earlier on, managed to escape to find Nakime.

Causing the demon lord to find the need to end her life.

And there she was now, outside in the city. Laying on the ground with nichirin blades stabbed through her neck, rendering her unable to move at all.

"Must... Go to Muzan-sama," she thought to herself as she struggled, only to have her arms sliced off in the process. Her gradient dark blue ocean eyes widened as she struggled to get free.

"Muzan-sama..." she whispered out and within a blink of an eye the Hashiras and demon slayers were thrown to the side, rendering them hitting against the ruins of the Infinity Fortress, and [name] no longer felt the nichirin blades stuck in her neck.

"[name]," and she looked at Muzan who was holding her gently in his arms. His red plump eyes watched as [name] regenerates, healing herself and he had on a soft smile.

"Stay by the side. Don't engage in the battle. Do you think I wouldn't know what you are trying to do?" he whispered out and [name] could only remain silent as she took a good look at him.

Her eyes widened as she felt her body getting forced, and she could only watch as she was sent up towards the sky, placing her gently on the top of the building that was yet to be demolished.

"Why are you protecting me, when I should be the one serving you with passion and suicidal devotion..." she cried out in her mind as she couldn't feel her body. She couldn't move her body.

Kibutsuji Muzan took control of her body.

"We're outside," Sanemi muttered out as he held Muichiro carefully in his arms as he, Muichiro, Himejima along with his younger brother as well, Genya, were fighting against the Upper Moon One, Kokushibo.

"Let's go,"

Out in the city, all Hashiras and demon slayers soon arrived. The Demon Slayers are told to stall Muzan for one more hour and a half until sunrise. A furious Muzan now with whips from his spine, emerges from debris and dares them to try, wildly swinging his limbs. The Hashiras seize a chance to slash him, but to their surprise, he regenerates so fast that he cannot be decapitated.

Sanemi immediately met up with the rest of the Hashiras and his eyes widened as something ran past him. Or rather, every single Hashira to exist. Before Muazan can fatally wound them, hordes of lesser ranked Demon Slayers push the Hashiras out of harm's way, ready to die as human shields as Muzan murders dozens of them.

He muses that they were fortunate to die immediately and points to the dead bodies, only to have his eyes widened when he saw no dead bodies at all. He then looked around and spotted kakushis bringing away the lower-ranked demon slayers, and he gritted his teeth in anger.

Just then a sudden sinister laugh erupted from Muzan who held his face with his hand as he continued to laugh, still fighting the oncoming attacks from the Hashiras who were trying their best to end his life.

He laughed once more as the Hashiras got exhausted.

"Pathetic. Weak. Ubuyashiki was just spouting nonsense about any of you ending my life. Just hand over that girl that I'm looking for and I can spare your lives," he taunted, and his eyes looked at Sanemi straight in the eye. He smirked a sinister smile as he spoke out once more.