14 | chamber of secrets

jisoo closed her book with a loud noise causing everyone inside the girls lavatory to shut their mouths.

hoseok grinned at her while he was holding lisa's cat, jimin who was beside him acted like he was zipping his mouth. yoongi kept quiet, namjoon and seokjin stopped bickering, jungkook shushed lisa and taehyung just watched them stop themselves from talking.

jennie slightly chuckled upon seeing the boys getting frightened just by jisoo sparing them a glance. chaeyoung stuck out her tongue and teased the boys, while lisa ㅡ of course, being lisa ㅡ thought it was her turn now to talk. she continued explaining what she wanted to do causing the others to groan.

"thanks for keeping them quiet, jisoo," she even giggled. "anyway, what i'm saying is we only have few weeks left before the passing of this one! should we make another one just in case this doesn't work-"

"lisa," the mentioned girl immediately stopped blabbering what she wanted to say when jisoo stopped her.

when everyone kept quiet, and jisoo was about to explain the outcome of what's inside the cauldron, chaeyoung suddenly stood up, a finger pressed against her lips telling them to hush down.

"can you hear that?" she asks, looking around the lavatory to see if they were other students. but considering the fact that the boys were just near the entrance, how could someone enter the toom without anyone noticing it?

murmurs were heard.

from nowhere.

whispering nonstop like they were arguing for something.

"probably moaning myrtle crying somewhere at one of the cubicles," yoongi lazily answered.

"no, it's.." chaeyoung walked near the sink. "it's different voices."

"what, you're scaring us right now?" hoseok even had the chance to raise his wand, giving chaeyoung a warning to stop playing with them.

"no," namjoon then stood up. "i can hear it too."

seokjin rolled his eyes upon seeing his friends. he grabbed namjoon's cloak, telling him to shut up. "ignore it then! why on merlin are we going to search for it?!"

"it's somewhere down the sink," taehyung mumbled.

"the sink? godric gryffindor, why are there people in the sink?"

"i said down the sink, you idiot. not exactly at the sink," he hissed.

jungkook followed what taehyung was telling them, looking right exactly at the sink he was mentioning. lisa placed the books she was holding earlier and went near it too.

"what are you guys hearing? seriously, you need to clean your ears-"

"bombarda!"

and the light explosion began to tear their eardrums off. the bars below the sink wrecked open and swung away causing them to step back in shock.

"joon! what the fuck!" jennie hissed real loud, enough for them to silence her. hoseok slapped the hell out of namjoon as the girls moved away from the sink.

"are you fucking kidding me?" seokjin exclaimed while jungkook and jimin were busy pushing each other near the damaged bars.

"shush, idiots," yoongi groaned and used all of his tiny, lazy force to stop the both of them. taehyung, who happened to be not really giving a fuck, just crossed his arms in boredom, telling them that it's just probably house elves or ghosts roaming around.

"why would they'd go under the sink?" jisoo questions him, her eyes focused on the dark, closed pipes.

"why would i know?" taehyung frowns at her.

"it stopped-" chaeyoung immediately says before taehyung and jisoo could even argue again. she went near the sink but jimin didn't let her, so she ended up moving backwards beside jennie.

"you shouldn't have done that!" lisa panics, telling namjoon to fix whatever mess he had done.

"well sorry, i thought all of us are curious?!" he answers as his defense, raising both of his arms in the air.

hoseok rolled his eyes and went back to his place right after making sure that the whispers and murmurs they heard earlier were gone.

"it's probably just house-elves," jungkook glanced at them, waiting for their nods. they all did, except for seokjin who continued glaring at the broken bars.

"how are we gonna fix this?"

"i'll take care of it," as if on cue, taehyung and jisoo both answered at the same time. they glanced at each other in a quick second before looking away again, causing jennie to cough like an old woman begging for some tea.

"what the hell are you doing?" jisoo frowns at jennie who just kept on coughing her lungs out. taehyung irritatingly rolled his eyes, waiting for jisoo to give up just so he could clean the damage.

"are we done here now? go back to the great hall and i'd take care of this," he says again and only glanced at seokjin— who was actually waiting for their response too.

"i still have to check the brewing. leave the bars to me-"

"i can manage it," he firmly says as he cuts her off, earning loud groans from their friends.

"why don't you just both do it while we'll now head to the great hall? sounds fun, right?!" jimin exclaims in an annoyed manner as he grabbed chaeyoung with him.

"bye!" hoseok giggled and was fast to run away, holding lisa's cat. he was followed by namjoon who just shrugged his shoulders.

yoongi and jennie left while laughing at them, and lisa just grabbed jungkook with her.

"yah, lalisa! jungkook! you still have to list down-"

"bye, soo!" they both screamed in speed, their whole presence suddenly gone in just a split second.

"now i think we're all set," seokjin snickered at them. "fix the mess and take care if the cauldron, i'm gonna head to eat at the hall," he indeed sounded like a head boy of gryffindor telling them orders to do.

"damn it," taehyung mumbles as he watched their last friend leave them alone— for the nth time.

"you really won't stop until you win, oi?" jisoo shortly glances at him before proceeding to the brewing cauldron. she uses her wand to create a stirring spoon, her back facing taehyung who was scowling at her.

"you're pertaining to yourself, kim?"

"i offered to fix it because i was planning to stay here for a while. i don't know about you wanting to clean that mess instead of just heading away. i didn't know you're that impulsive-"

"i volunteered because i know and i can. just because i offered doesn't mean i'd like to stay here."

jisoo smirked. "the actual reason why i'm wondering, kim taehyung. why would you wanna stay here at the place where you had memories with someone you disgust now, huh?"

"how sure are you?" this time, it was taehyung who snickered at the ravenclaw prefect. he watches her back as she continued distracting herself with the cauldron.

"how sure are you that i still remember those days, jisoo? you really think i didn't bury that memories away?"

with what she heard, she felt herself stiffen. the silence was like a dying heartbeat lingering around her ears.

but before she could even adjust, a voice coming out from one of the cubicles interrupted them.

"how lovely, both of you," moaning myrtle giggles. "fighting over memories, huh? want me to story-tell everything about your sweetness before?"

"no, thank you. that's too much to make me puke," jisoo smiled meaningfully as she stood up and walked away, leaving taehyung with the ghost— his self defense now slowly giving up.

————

i am absolutely sorry
for being m.i.a these
past few months. ily!