Chapter 2: Showtime

"Who will make the first move?" the commentator says leaning into the mic.

Hisoka and I stare at each other for a few moments. He rarely moves from the spot he starts in when fighting his opponent. I raise my eyebrows at him, wondering if I'm worth his majesty getting off his throne. Apparently not because he chuckles and beckons me with a sharp nailed hand. He's so cocky, but then again, so am I. The difference is my arrogance isn't big enough to be my downfall.

I run towards him and use gyo to see the energy concentrated in his fist. Just as he's about to land a blow, I jump away to the end of the square he's standing on, lift it, and destroy it with a kick. Hisoka flies through the air with the rubble as he looks for me. Once he catches me out of the corner of his eye, I know I only have a fraction of a second to move. As he lunges toward me I slide underneath him, kicking up a dust storm to hide myself long enough to grab his heel and throw him to the opposite side of the ring. He flips through the air and catches himself with a skid towards the end of the tiled floor.

I stand and wait for the dust to settle a little so he can see me. "You'll have to move your ass more than that if you wanna beat me," I shout.

He waves the dust out of his eyes and grins. "So I see."

I look down and see the scuff marks on one of his heels before turning gyo back on in my eyes, but it's too late. His bungee gum has already attached to both my hands and tied them together. With a flick of his finger I'm sent flying through the air towards his fist for a jab-cross-right hook to my face. My mouth fills with blood and spit as I hit the ground. All the air is knocked out of my body.

"Critical hit. Two points for Hisoka!" the ref shouts.

A mix of cheers and boos flood through the crowd.

"Oby's off to a rough start!" the commentator announces.

I spit my blood between his legs. I love mixing my pain and pleasure together. "Guess I had no business trying to be pretty tonight."

Hisoka lifts me up by his gum and leans my body against his. His chin pets my neck. "You look sexier this way in my opinion. And in case you were wondering, the sticky substance tying you up is my bungee gum, which has the properties of both—"

I butt my head against his face, feeling the crunch in his nose. "I didn't ask." I feel his aura weaken as blood floods from his nose and he falls to the ground. Now it's time for my ability to shine. Little mouths appear on my arms and hands and quickly devour the gum. I feel Hisoka's sinister aura enter me as our attachment is broken and it makes me shiver with excitement.

"Critical hit. Two points to Oby!"

I jump several feet away in case Hisoka has any rash moves up his sleeve. He leans forward, breathes through his mouth, and pinches his nose to stop the bleeding before resetting it. He smiles at me while wiping blood from his mouth with his hand and tongue. Now that I I've absorbed some of his ability, I have to defeat him within the hour or else it'll leave my body.

I shoot out the gum and wind it around Hisoka like a bug caught in my web. His limbs tighten into his body and his amber eyes go wide. "Oh my, this is an interesting problem." Looking down with gyo he sees the neon green aura of my gum. "Let me introduce you to my nen ability," I yank him toward me and power up my free hand for a punch, "I call it Matrimony." I hit him square in the chest then stomach. A thick, congested cough leaves his mouth as he falls. His smile returns after a few gasps of air. 

The ref points at me. "Critical hit. Another two points to Oby!"

"It looks like Hisoka underestimated his opponent!" the commentator shouted.

I walk over to Hisoka and stand so close my crotch shadows his face. I feel myself contract and moisten as I watch him beneath me. If only I could bury his head between my legs. Hmm, maybe I will. "Whenever I make physical contact with an opponent's nen ability, my body can absorb and use it against them with the same level of strength their initial blow contained."

Hisoka's eyes close and he laughs. Why? I'm about to defeat him with his own trick. I decide to teach him a lesson to knock that silly grin off his face. I use the gum to lift him up and spin him around until I build up enough momentum to throw him through a wall. But as I spin, he somehow gets heavier and heavier until I see a ball of his gum inflate mine until it blows up. The pop reverberates through the stadium and sends me off the platform. By the time I look up, Hisoka's in front of me and lands a clean blow to my face before I jump back.

"That's a clean hit. A point for Hisoka!"

The commentator squeals. "What an unexpected counterattack, folks! Both fighters have proven capable of backing the other against the wall, but who will gain the upper hand?"

Note: The scene ended up being more in-depth than I thought it'd be so I've split it into two chapters. Please let me know your thoughts on the action, terminology, pacing, or anything else that comes to mind. <3