Prologue

"They say honesty is the best policy."

Well, some people don't appreciate that. And by some people, I specifically mean my principle, Hyatt.

He hates me.

I honestly don't know whether it was the songs I played through the announcement speakers, or the screws I unscrewed from random things around the school and delivered to him in a bucket. Maybe it was the water balloons I popped from on top of his office door, or even the thousands of forks I stabbed on the football field.

Either way, I know that I'm screwed.

"I hate you."

And that luckily I'm not the only one.

I cast aside glance at Zinov, meeting his furious gaze. His once kind, ocean blue eyes, now narrow in slits of anger.

"How adorable, " I tease my best friend, ruffling his messy raven hair.

"Stop!" Mr. Hyatt, also named Hat by me and Zinov, commands.

Catching our attention, our heads snap towards the old man twitching with anger. If he were a cartoon character there would be steam coming out of his ears right about.....

"TOILET PAPERING THE SCHOOL AT MIDNIGHT, AGAIN!?" he hollers.

now.

"Actually, man, it was like two-"

"NO, you will not disrespect me. ESPECIALLY, not in my office, " he rages.

"Sorry, I almost forgot that we were in your office," I confess sheepishly.

"Miss Storm, I would appreciate you ending every sentence with 'sir' as a matter of respect," he instructs, looking at me sternly after breathing in and out in an attempt to calm himself down.

"Look, I would love to really. I mean anything to help you feel. . . special? But, you see you've been nagging for me to do that since what? Third, second grade? You really think I'll listen now?" I ask him amusingly while shrugging.

Zinov clears his throat from beside me, hinting that I've crossed the line. However, Hat just ignores my comment and instead inquires rather eagerly, "Should I explain to you two why you're here?"

He seriously has more mood swings than a pregnant lady.

I shout, "No!" at the same time Zinov replies, "Yes, please do sir."

"Well, excluding the past years and only focusing on the current one, you've done a total of forty-three pranks, " Hat states, glaring at me specifically.

"That can't be right," I mumble."We only got caught three times, and also we actually did over fifty. I even have a certificate to prove it!"

Hat exhales in and out a few times while his eyes are shut before opening them again, now less irritated.

"What Xena means to say is, did you gain enough evidence to prove that it was her, sir?" Zinov questions politely.

"Actually, I only counted forty-three because these are the ones you did on me ALONE. And regarding the proof, we have way more than enough, " he retorts.

"That can't be possible," I whisper, staring daggers at Zinov-who was in charge of keeping a lookout.

"Have you ever heard of cameras?" Hat asks sarcasm dripping in his voice.

"Have you ever heard of a poor school?" I shoot back.

Because I personally have, Hamilton High school.

Zinov clears his throat again, and Hat announces, "Well, it's good I made the decision I chose then. Due to your terrible, disrespectful and —"

I cut him off while rolling my eyes, "We get it. You can just get to the point."

"As I was saying, you two will be the first students from our school to attend Hooligans Camp, " he informs us, smiling arrogantly.

I can already hear Zeeno's breathing increase rapidly as I question, "Is it something like that school in Harry Potter?"

"Not at all, " he says whilst shaking his head in amusement.

"Sweet," I mutter under my breath.

That school sounds boring.

"Th-e-en wh-hat is it?" Zinov stutters.

"It's like a juvenile," he explains briefly.

"Zeeno, now we can actually say that we went to jail!" I exclaim.

"Well, no not really. It's more of a boarding school, " Hat corrects.

"Good enough," I mutter.

"It's like detention, Miss Storm, " he rephrases.

I sigh out of annoyance and glance back and forth from Hat to a troubled Zinov.

"Okay, it's terrible. Are we done here?" I ask him impatiently.

"In one week you will be leaving, get prepared for the worst three months of your life."

Hat sounds humorous when trying to threaten us.

"Bye Hat, I'm taking this!" I call out as I yank the camp information papers from his table and jerk Zinov out of the office.

One week till freedom. One week and I'll hang out with Zinov every day without interruptions.
One week and I'll be celebrating every day of summer like it's the last.

At least that's what I thought.

•••-A/N: Thoughts about the story? -Cover/Chapter starter by:MariaE_writes <3-Tysm Layal_zaqout for ur help <3•••

•••
-A/N: Thoughts about the story?
-Cover/Chapter starter by:MariaE_writes <3
-Tysm Layal_zaqout for ur help <3
•••