28 | the warmth of Jungkook's house

"Here, a cup of tea

"Here, a cup of tea."

Yoongi placed the cup in front of Sun, who was sitting at the dining table, then he took a seat across from her. When their eyes met, he smiled.

Sun and he had known each other since college. They weren't close, but he always respected her. Though he was aware that she had a crush on him, he never felt uncomfortable around her. Considering she was one of his sister's best friends, he could not possibly be attracted to Sun despite her beauty.

"I won't lie, I was surprised when Jungkook told me you wanted to meet," the man spoke in his usual soft tone. "Still, it's nice to see you."

The brown-haired woman gave him a shy smile, blushing like a schoolgirl. The man on whom she had a huge crush a few years ago was actually happy to see her. Nineteen-year-old Sun would've freaked out.

"How are you doing?" she asked.

Yoongi chuckled. "I'm doing well. I'm pretty busy with work, but I love what I do, so..." he shrugged. "What about you? Hana mentioned you found a new job."

The woman nodded with a small smile, proud to talk about her success. Five months ago, she started working in a private academy for students aspiring to work in the music industry. She liked her job, and it paid really well.

"Indeed, I'm a vocal coach." Yoongi seemed surprised, but he thought it suited her. "It's crazy considering I'm still young, but yeah, I made it!"

Hana's brother had to congratulate her. As a former classmate, he knew Sun had the skills to be a vocal coach. It was still great that she managed to find the job of her dreams that soon.

The both of them had to catch up. Thus, they spent an hour talking about their jobs and evoking memories from college. Yoongi, who was often busy with work, enjoyed talking to someone who knew him for a long time. On the other hand, Sun was pleased that the conversation flowed so easily. It wasn't hard to talk to Yoongi, depending on the subject.

Which brought her to the present time; the moment of truth. She tried hard to avoid it, but she had no other choice than to voice her request.

"What about your love life?"

The man cocked an eyebrow, surprised by the sudden interest. "Huh, nothing special, I guess. I'm really not into that; I just want to focus on my job."

Sun sighed in relief, not bothering to hide her reaction. Things could have been complicated if he had someone.

"I can understand." She nodded. "It's a relief, to be honest."

"What do you mean?" he tilted his head to the side, intensely staring at the brunette.

She took a deep breath. "Look, I'm about to ask you something huge. And it's a lot of responsibilities! If you don't agree to it, I won't hold it against you. But I would hate myself if at least I don't try."

Sensing the woman's growing stress, Yoongi dared to put his hand on hers and pressed it gently.

"Calm down, Sun. Just tell me."

Meanwhile, Jungkook had returned from the store already. He was sitting in his car, on the phone with his girlfriend who he couldn't wait to see.

"Yeah, I'm craving Indian food. What do you think?"

Jungkook nodded to himself, though his girlfriend couldn't see him. "I'm in! I'll buy some on my way home."

Y/n thanked him. "Is she nearly done? I hope it went well!"

"I think he—oh!" the black-haired man noticed the woman coming out of the house. "She's here."

"What does she look like?"

He inspected Sun's face, but the lack of emotion made it hard to decipher how she actually felt. That was until her eyes lit up as they met his; she couldn't hold back longer. The excitement exploded, and Sun jumped into Jungkook's arms.

Confused at first, he relaxed and hugged her back. Soon, Sun broke the embrace, and a huge smile could be seen on her face.

"He said yes!"

"Oh my God!" Y/n yelled on the phone, surprising both Jungkook and Sun.

The man chuckled and spoke. "Alright, I'll see you later, babe."

"Right! Drive carefully, okay?"

"Sure thing. I love you."

"Love you too! Oh, and don't forget the food!" she exclaimed.

"Of course not. Now bye!"

~ ♡ ~

It was six thirty in the evening, but Y/n had still received no news from Jungkook. She tried to call Sun, but as usual, her phone was off. On the other hand, she didn't dare to call her boyfriend in case he would be driving.

The first thing she heard were loud cries in the background, and soft sobs coming from the person on the phone. Y/n felt her heart sink when she recognized their voice.

"Y/n?" they were hardly breathing. "It's me..."

Jihyo was speaking, seemingly terrified.

"Jihyo? Where are you?"

The woman didn't answer that, mostly preoccupied with the main reason for the call.

"It's Sun—and Jungkook!"

Hearing that sent shivers down Y/n's spine. Though she was unaware of what exactly was going on, it didn't take a genius to measure the seriousness of the current situation.

Knots were forming in her stomach as the worst possible scenarios played in her head. Jihyo took a few seconds to talk, obviously shaken.

"Th—they had an acci—come to the hospital! Now!"

With no further ado, Y/n left the warmth of Jungkook's house.

✭☆