11

ROSE

As much as I wanted to escape as soon as possible, it wasn't going to happen easily. I didn't care anymore about anything aside from the fact that I made myself look like a fool. However, before I arrived at this prison, my parents left enough money on my card just to fend for myself, there was not enough money for a plane ticket.

Sam was my last resort. She did book a plane ticket for me, but since it was last minute, the only available seat they had was in two weeks time. What the hell was I supposed to do for another fourteen days?

Ignoring Tobias was definitely the hardest part, because this time, he tried to engage in conversations. If it hadn't been for hunger, I never would've left my room. And in the times I was forced to eat or drink water, I did my best to shorten the time I was in the kitchen.

The main thing that was relentlessly bugging me was, how the hell was I so naive? I wasn't stupid, and I never had any issues seeing things the way they were. I wasn't delusional, either, as I never thought that one night with him meant marriage.

So, how did I allow myself to get to this spot?

I was young, and reckless. But that didn't mean I had to act dumb, too. Many, many things were going through my mind, and none of them spared me from second hand embarrassment. I winced all the damn time when I remembered how bad the situation was.

I decided that enough was enough. Four days after being locked up, I got dressed in a casual outfit and decided to get some fresh air. I ignored Tobias when I walked down the stairs, and the look of surprise he gave me.

I walked past him, with my head held high. On another thought, there was nothing I should've been ashamed of, right? That man chose to have sex with me on his own accord, and since he was picturing his ex wife whilst he had a beautiful girl in bed, it was something he should've felt shameful about.

I spent around four hours just walking around the house. Everything was so far away and then I realized that the time I'd spent on looking like a lunatic, I could've used to go down the road, reach the small town, grab a coffee and come back.

The walking did help me, though. It felt amazing to actually walk instead of laying in my bed all day, reading books and watching movies on my phone. I felt a wave of exhaustion wash over me as yawns upon yawns slipped past my lips.

I jolted when I heard the front door of his house open. Tobias leaned against the door frame, arms folded in front of his chest as he stared at me. As per usual, I couldn't read the look he had given me, though I made sure that he could read mine. Pure hatred and nausea.

''I've made lunch. You should eat.'' Tobias said, in his deep voice. Goosebumps formed on my arms, but I was able to push them back and ignore the tingly sensation that soon spread throughout my entire body.

''Okay.''

I walked past him into the house, and once I arrived at the kitchen, I saw that he had already set the table and the food was already waiting. He made grilled chicken with some salad and a glass of wine next to each plate.

For someone who was as religious as Tobias, I was shocked to find more and more of the sinful acts he liked to commit. As someone whose father was the person people looked up the most in this god forsaken city, and someone who grew up religious, it was beyond me why he would smoke or drink every so often, since it was considered a sin.

Then again, he might have lost the faith he had in God once his wife cheated on him. I always despised cheaters, and I couldn't begin to imagine how he must've felt when he found out about Lilly's infidelity.