16) Meri Behna? My Peace

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Journey Song (Piku)

Janvi's POV

'Your plan may backfire Jaan, like I literally feel it will backfire.' Mansi said, with extra dramatic effect, 'My six sense tells me that.'

Rolling my eyes at her, I continued reading the book in hand, 'Mannu, your sixth sense never worked. Like it's dead.'

'That was so rude.'

Smiling, I finished my almost done chapter and found Mansi staring at me, not blinking even.

'Oh you're waiting for an apology or something.'

'No, I just don't want you to do this part of the plan.' She was on her laptop, working from home because she took a leave for me, 'It is risky.'

She was right. It was risky. After all it had been only three days since my accident and three days since my father was here. But we had to take the risk, and I had to show him to his room and make him dine with his family.

The more nostalgic he feels around the Vadhera's, the more he'd wanna get back and it does increases our chances to get the answers we always wanted.

But the risk was that my father would run away. Like legit, because currently something told me that he waited only because something major happened else he'd take me home. I don't know what exactly because Mansi was clearly denying what happened, but it was her, for sure.

My father and mother loved Mansi, like loved her more than me type of love. And I wasn't jealous of that fact because it's obvious that since our births, I was with my bade maa and paa and she was with my parents. The stories, the memories, the dreams, everything was making it clear that Mansi meant a great deal to my father.

Mostly because she spent most of her childhood with them.

And my father would literally do anything Mansi would say, because she was a very vibrant reminder of my mother to everyone and not just her name, her way of making everyone do what she wants clearly said that my mother had a good influence on her.

Saying no to Mansi was like saying no to her Mannu Massi and my father wouldn't do that.

I'm just hoping whatever happened wasn't much serious, because if Mansi chose to not tell me, I should respect that. Cause of course, I've hid a great many things from her too.

'Risk hai, but we don't much time left Mansi. Anyway in a week, we're entering the month of May and that means that everyone is going shift to Hrishikesh. Whatever needs to happen, needs to happen now.'

She wasn't thrilled neither was she convinced by my idea, because she gave me a glare and continued working, typing furiously on the MacBook.

'Mannu' I addressed her sweetly, but she just had her eyes full.

For what? Mansi never cried for things other than our mothers, and if Mansi cried, it meant something was really bad.

I've never seen her cry for anyone before.

But seeing her eyes filled with tears, made me go back to this room, 16 years back, to the death of my mothers where I had hugged my crying sister.

'Mansi?'

She refused to look at me as I slid towards her side, 'I cannot stand the idea of you being taken away Janvi, not when you're sick. Not again.'

A tear fell from her eyes and on her precious MacBook as I flung my arms on her, she didn't hug me back but I kept my head on her shoulders, not really saying anything for a minute.