nine | stranger danger

Astrid was woken up by screams and shouts coming from the delinquents

Astrid was woken up by screams and shouts coming from the delinquents. She opened her eyes slowly and realized she was still in Bellamy's tent. She tried getting up but Bellamy's arm around her waist stopped her.

Astrid turned to face Bellamy and nudged his shoulder a little ''Bellamy'' she muttered careful not to startle him.

Bellamy groaned lowly but opened his eyes slowly ''Yeah?'' he said before realizing he had his arm around Astrid's waist and quickly pulling it back.

''Bellamy get out here!'' the two heard Octavia shout from outside.

Astrid quickly put her boots on, tucked Bellamy's shirt in her pants and got the jacket he gifted her. She turned to Bellamy seeing that he was putting a jacket on as well.

The two got out of his tent, receiving many surprised looks from delinquents, especially Octavia, but their attention was soon caught by something shooting through the sky.

Astrid squinted her eyes and quickly realized it wasn't a shooting star, it was a pod. A pod from the Ark. Many delinquents shouted in happiness, some guessing what could be in the pod and some guessing who could be in the pod.

Bellamy quickly grabbed Astrid's hand and ushered other delinquents in a tent.

Astrid didn't pay attention much, only thinking of what could be in the pod or what they could do if there was a radio in there. Yes, she hated the Ark but if it meant that they could get supplies that could help them survive, she would gladly let it come down to Earth. Plus, there were children in the Ark and other innocent people that don't deserve to die just because they were selfish.

Octavia entered the tent seconds later, her attention only on Bellamy ''We should get moving'' she panted ''Everyone's ready''

''No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark it isn't safe. We'll head out first light. Pass the word'' Bellamy instructed some of the delinquents in his tent, leaving only Astrid and Octavia behind.

''Bellamy, Octavia is right. Who knows how many grounders saw that pod. We can't risk letting the supplies in there get stolen and used by them'' Astrid stated, hoping to get some sense in the man.

''I said we wait until sunrise'' Bellamy sternly said and left the tent.

Astrid looked at Octavia with a raised eyebrow ''Please tell me we are thinking the exact same thing''

Octavia smirked at the girl ''Let's go''

-

It was a good hour until the two girls caught sight of the one and only, Bellamy. They approached him, anger radiating out of both of them at the sight of him.

''Bellamy! What the hell are you doing!'' Astrid shouted as her and Octavia reached him

Bellamy turned to them and clenched his jaw ''Go back to camp. It isn't safe''

''You lied to everyone. You lied to me. You lied to Astrid. You just want whatever is in that pod'' Octavia stated as she shook her head at him.

''Just go home!'' Bellamy shouted as he shoved Octavia harshly.

''Hey!'' Astrid shouted back and stepped in front of Octavia ''Don't be a fucking asshole. She's your sister!''

Octavia stepped from behind Astrid but not before sending her a grateful nod ''You always want to play big brother? Well guess what? Jokes on me. You're just a selfish dick'' Octavia spat, venom lacing her tone.

''I did this for you!'' Bellamy panted, exasperation in his tone ''To protect you. If the Ark finds out we're alive, they'll come down. And when they do...I'm dead''

''What did you do?'' Octavia asked while Astrid looked at her shoes, already knowing the answer.

''I shot him. I shot Jaha'' Bellamy breathed out.

''What?'' Octavia asked dumbfounded.

''I found out they were sending you to Earth. I couldn't let you go alone. Someone came to me with a deal. Do this, kill him and they'd get me on the dropship. And I did it'' Bellamy said and gulped down his regret and guilt.

''You shot the Chancellor?'' Octavia asked again, a hint of disgust in her voice.

''He floated out mother. he locked you up. He deserved it'' Bellamy stated, his poker face back on.

''I didn't ask you to do that'' Octavia took a step back from Bellamy.

''You're right. I made this choice. This is on me. Whatever they sent down, I'll take care of it'' Bellamy nodded, not even caring.

''I didn't ask for any of this'' Octavia said before turning the other way and running back to camp.

Astrid looked back at Bellamy ''You're an idiot'' she stated before running after Octavia.

-

After Astrid caught up with Octavia, the two didn't talk, just jogged their way back to camp.

Their peaceful walk was interrupted when they came across a cliff, where Octavia stumbled and grabbed Astrid's hand, bringing her down with. Groans and shouts were the only things heard as they rolled down the hill, each rock and branch hitting them.

The two landed at the bottom, Octavia immediately passing out from the pain but Astrid could catch a glimpse of her wounds, nearly vomiting everything she ate when she saw what had happened to her.

Besides the fact that her old wound reopened and that there was blood all over her face, a piece of wood was sticking from her torso, causing her an immense amount of pain and a lot of blood loss

Astrid tried to steady her breathing and looked around, hoping to see the light from camp. Her hope diminished when she saw nothing but darkness and only one thought entered her mind before she passed out.

She was definitly going to die.

-

Astrid didn't die.

She woke up with a scream as the wood from her torso moved but immediately her whole body froze when she saw who was in front of her.

In front of the two girls was a grounder, his bulky clothes making him seem non-human and the war paint making him seem ruthless. He looked over at the two girls carefully, his gaze shifting to Astrid's injury before he took a rock and knocked them both out.

As if they didn't hit their heads hard enough already.

---------------------

I know, I know. I haven't written in like, ages but I was on vacation.

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 900+ READS. LIKE REALLY I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I SAW LIKE THANK YOU THANK YOU.

It really means a lot to me when people read my stories and ACTUALLY like them. Thank you so much guys, like really!

Also your comments make my day so thank you for everyone who comments and votes.

Thanks for reading once again :)