Chapter 6

"pretty boy."

Eleanor awoke that morning when Invictus pawed her awake. He would wake her up every morning if at the same time.

6:00 am. Every morning.

At first, Eleanor was bothered by waking up at such a early time, but as it continued she found that she quite enjoyed being awake during the early morning. It gave her more time to complete tasks and better her dueling skills.

As she got ready, Abby awoke with a yawn. "Morning, Eleanor," she mumbled as she got up, tossing her blanket to the side with a humph.

"Morning, Abby," she whispered a reply.

Eleanor finished wrapping her Slytherin tie around her neck. She chose to leave her book bag in the dorm for now, as they hadn't received their time tables yet. She could return after breakfast to collect her books.

"Do you want me to wait for you and Frances?" Eleanor asked Abby as she tried to wake her sleepy friend.

"Oh no, it's alright. Frances gets even grumpier in the morning so I wouldn't want you to be at the end of that. I'll see you either at breakfast or class?"

"Yes, of course, bye," Eleanor waved and left the dorm.

The trip to the Great Hall was quiet. Not many students were awake. It was quite odd not being the only one wandering the halls, as now she passed a few students on her way to the Great Hall.

With breakfast done, Eleanor went back to her dorm to fetch her book bag. She had Defense, Potions, Arithmancy, and Charms today.

Abby and Frances had already left by the time Eleanor finished her breakfast. She did not pass them on her way back to her dorm. She assumed they must have gone a different route. Grabbing her book bag she whispered a quick goodbye to Invictus and Felix and made her way downstairs.

This time she spotted Tom Riddle in the common room surrounded by a few other boys.

"Morning, Miss King," Tom Riddle said, alerting not only her, but his friends as well, who all turned their heads to look at her.

"Good morning, Riddle," she smiled in greeting.

"Where are you off to?" He inquired, sitting up straighter than before.

"May as well try to find my first class," she said.

"Avery," He nodded to a boy with blond hair, tan skin and broad shoulders, "why don't you escort the lovely lady to her class," he smirked.

The boy, Avery, nodded and got up, grabbing his book bag on the way.

"Which class do you have first?" He asked as they exited the common room.

"Defense," She answered.

"Me too," He said, "I'm Eiden, Eiden Avery."

Eleanor smiled at the boy, "Eleanor King."

"How's your first day been so far?" He asked, trying to make polite conversation.

Eleanor didn't mind this, but she hated small talk.

"It's been good, the school is beautiful," she added, admiring the portraits and detail in the walls as they walked to their first class.

"Which school did you go to before this?"

"Oh, I was homeschooled." Eleanor said, trying to hide as much as she could about her life.

With Grindelwald causing trouble she didn't want to risk anything. If she was caught and put on trial, no one would believe her. No one would believe that it was an accident.

Blood Magic is a dark form of magic even though it can be used for good. It is against the law to practice Blood Magic, even though she was a Weissanger. Though, to the wizarding world's eyes, Weissangers didn't exist because that's how rare they were, or perhaps people were scared?

"So, why change in your last year?" He asked, genuine curiosity showing in his features.

Eleanor shrugged, "I wanted a change."

Eiden grinned and turned to allow her to enter her first class of the day.

________________________________________

Short chapter, I know.

Sorry it was a day late, I was very busy yesterday and didn't have time to update!Hope you enjoyed it though!

How is everyone doing? Are you all enjoying your December holidays?

– walkingmasterpiece xx