chapter 14

Andrea's pov:

I go back to my room after having breakfast to bring my purse.

When I look back I gasp lightly in surprise, for my room was just empty a second ago and now the blonde girl is sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I wanted to apologize for my wrong act yesterday." She says, looking straight at my eyes, her facade showing no mark of regret.

Well, honey you can shove it down your white pretty ass. I think not realizing that I'm smiling at her sweetly.

"It's fine, let's forget that it happened," I say, the innocent smile not leaving my face.
       __________________________

Matia has called me and wanted to have lunch together. At 11 sharp I leave my office.

"Hey, Andy do you want to grab lunch? I'm done." Gabriel offers stopping me midway.

"I'm going with Matia, but If you want you can come along?" I ask and he whines then leaves saying that he will call Bailey.

I drive to the location of the restaurant and look around for Matia. When I catch him waving at me I go and take a seat across from him.

"It took you some time." He points out putting his hands on the table.

"Yeah," I say looking around the restaurant. It's decorated simply and yet gives a calm vibe.

We don't bother to ask about each other since we have been texting a lot, instead, we continue the last thing we were chatting about.

"So did you know who you were going to get married to?" He asks, maybe eager to know.

"Well no, I never wanted to know his name let alone know him," I answer not enjoying the talk about my past.

Simply put, I was the naive girl that is afraid to misbehave because her parents are into 'what will people say about us', so their best solution was to get me married for their reputation's sake.

And after keeping things inside for too long and trying to be the best daughter, I had enough. Look at me now finished college and having my best life.

Hold on a minute, who told him I was going to get married? Did we talk about that?

"ouch bambina, I didn't know you hated me that much," He says smirking.

"What are you talking about?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You really don't remember me huh?" He says. HELL NO!

"Uh, oh no! " I voice and try to get up from my seat. Not in this life ex-hubby.

"sit down," He says with a sharp tone. I sit back and he sends a smirk my way.

"Didn't take you for a submissive," He teases. I throw him a nasty look and cross my hands over my chest.

"Didn't take you as the kinky type," I shoot back. I regain my serious personality because this is serious.

"How did you find me?" I say but don't stop as I start freaking out when I think of what could happen, "what are you doing here? Do my parents know that I'm in Chicago?"

"Slow down," He says trying to calm me down, "it was a pure coincidence I swear"

I composure myself, "explain yourself"

"I have nothing to explain." He rests his back on his seat. "The day we met at the club I wasn't sure if it was really you, but the moment we talked I recognized you with your cute Italian accent that you were my long-lost bride."

"But we never met how did you know it was me?" I ask confused.

"We never talked, but I have seen you before. I was against the marriage but when I knew it was you I changed my mind. well, I kind of had a crush on you before. And nobody told me you were against the whole thing," He explains and I fell silent as I realise I had things wrong.

"I'm not here to take you back to Italy so please don't change the way you act around me, I just want us to be friends," He finishes, giving me his best puppy eyes.

"I had my part of the story, and you were the bad guy but that can be changed," I sigh. He smiles warmly and we have lunch peacefully now that we're good.

When we share goodbyes I look back at my car that's parked near a café, I catch Blake sitting with a blonde girl and she's giving me her back.

I get closer to see if the girl is the one I'm thinking about or not and hop into my car. As I get closer Bailey's side profile appears.

Getting suspicious, I note that I should investigate this meeting.
       __________________________

"Guys, dinner is ready," I call out once my food is cooked.

Since Gabriel have decided we all have dinner together, I volunteered to cook. It's just a soup so it's not like I made any efforts.

We sit at the table and eat in silence, the room filled with tension. And we all know from where it's coming. No, that was mean!

"Hey Bailey, today I saw you with one of our associates, Blake Anderson at a café. Do you know each other or something?" I ask since no one is talking.

She looks at Gabriel who puts his spoon down waiting for an explanation. We all do.

"aah yeah. Blake is an old friend of mine we lived in the same hometown. So we grabbed lunch together today for the sake of old times," She speaks calmly, cracking her fingers. Not breaking the eye contact, not even once.

"Yeah, That's cool," I say smiling then go back to my food.