Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter twenty-four

"I want to see a peacock!"

"I showed you one─"

"That was in the television." She glared at him angrily and he sighed deeply.

It was six in the morning when she had come barging inside his room and tapped on his arm continuously until he woke up and demanded to see a peacock out of nowhere.

His first obvious reaction was thinking of it as a dream and going back to sleep. But then she started crying loudly which caused him to wake up with a jerk.

He looked at her crying state and realised that he wasn't dreaming and it was happening in reality. Taking a deep breath and running a hand in his already messy hair he stared at her with drowsy eyes.

"What is it?" He whispered hoarsely and she sniffed looking at him.

"I want to see a peacock." She demanded rubbing her nose and he kept staring at her for good two minutes until he realised she wasn't kidding.

"Srishti, we'll go to the zoo some other time. Now sleep, it isn't good for the baby." He muttered and she glared at him furiously before snatching his blanket which he was going to use.

"Your this baby is only demanding to see a peacock!" She said haughtily and he was now annoyed because his sleep was disturbed. But knowing her mood swings if he yelled at her now, she would cry and irritate him again. This way or that way, he was bound to get pissed.

"Okay fine." He mumbled and got out of the bed causing her to glee in excitement. They walked in the living room and Sahil switched on the television searching for the discovery channel. Luckily for him they were displaying a peacock so he turned towards her.

"Here keep staring at your peacock. I'm going to sleep." He sighed and walked back in his room leaving her fuming there.

Just when he was about to sit on his bed, she came barging in again and argued with him that she wanted to see it in real.

Now as they sat on his bed, he kept staring at her with a blank look while she gave him a challenging look. He glanced at the time and it was already seven forty five.

They were going to get married today and here she was demanding to see a live peacock. What was he supposed to do?

"Srishti," He sighed and she crossed her arms waiting for him to continue and he did, "Look I can't take you to see a peacock now. We have a wedding today so let's keep this programme for any other day." He explained and she frowned.

"But─"

"You want something to eat?" He changed the topic and on instant her hand went on her belly. Indeed she was hungry.

She nodded with a sour look and he nodded back getting up and moving out. She was frowning but still followed him behind. They entered the kitchen and the cook who was already present bowed slightly infront of him which made Srishti scowl in Sahil's direction.

"Cook what the lady wants." He ordered him and the cook obliged. He then turned towards her and she looked at him.

"Tell him whatever you wish to eat, he will cook for you." She made a bad face after he left and looked at the cook who was staring at her with wide eyes.