Arc 5.2

“... Your role as Zhao Zhen has nothing to do with me.”

He Tian tremblingly spoke up, not daring to carry this pot. In the beginning, he may have some say in Shi Shen’s role but starting from the third world, his only purpose was to open the vortex of time and space for him to pass through that's it!

He only abused this feature once in the second world, he swears! QAQ

To further explain why He Tian was biting his nails in anxiety, we have to delve deeper into Zhao Zhen’s memories.

To hear his side of the story.

Everyone would laugh their teeth off had someone were to tell them that the unremarkable Fifth Elder used to outshine their Sect Leader back during their younger days.

After all, if Zhao Zhen were to be so powerful, why has no one ever heard of him?

Shi Shen, who had already gone through everything, curled his lips into a sneer.

Of course, it was all thanks to Zhao Zhen’s good Senior Brother who was working hard behind the scenes.

Zhao Zhen’s true personality was proud and arrogant due to his impressive talent but his nature was not bad.

He never took any advantage of others or bullied those who were weaker than him. Still, his reputation in the Sect was not good.

Zhao Zhen was the type of person who didn't care about his public image. He spoke what was on his mind without a filter and only cared about how to grow stronger each day.

He took those malicious rumors as something stemming from jealousy and didn't take them to heart.

Three men make a tiger, rumors can kill a person.

[A/N: False information may come to be believed if it is repeated often enough.]

Despite being the most outstanding direct disciple of the Sect leader, Zhao Zhen had no friends. To be exact, no one wanted to be associated with him.

Hiu Liuxian on the other hand, was well-respected within the Sect. Whenever his name was mentioned, praises would follow after.

Not to mention, he came from a formidable background but his character was humble and gentle, therefore, a lot of people wanted to make a connection with him.

In other words, Hiu Liuxian had a lot of supporters and backers. Messing with him would only lead you into deep trouble.

Unfortunately, Zhao Zhen failed to understand this and unluckily caught his interest.

During the annual Sect competition, Zhao Zhen was matched against Hiu Liuxian in the first round.

This matchup erupted in a heated discussion since the two were the potential contenders for first place.

Zhao Zhen’s reputation may have been bad but everyone had to admit that he was strong. This was one of the reasons they didn't dare provoke him.

Nevertheless, everyone thought that no matter how notorious Zhao Zhen was, he wouldn't make his Senior Brother who was the First Direct disciple of the Sect Leader disqualified in the first round, right?

The result?

Zhao Zhen took the fight seriously and made Hiu Liuxian drop out of the competition in the first round.

Zhao Zhen didn't cheat or use underhand methods but his victory was faced with contempt.

Soon, rumors of him trying to snatch the position as the next Sect Leader from Hiu Liuxian spiraled out of control.