Wattpad Original

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

I want to thank everyone who originally read Camp Mapplewood on Wattpad and supported the book as I updated it daily for an entire month back in 2018! It had been a fun project I wrote for NaNoWriMo, and it was the support for that book and the comments resonating with Emma's journey that made me realize how important it was to write stories that reflect who we are, without our characters being killed off or categorized as secondary and nonimportant. It's an amazing feeling to have characters that represent you. You guys urged me to continue writing and I thank you sincerely.

I'd also like to thank Kortney Morrow, Monica Pacheco, Deanna McFadden, Jenny Bullough, and Rebecca Mills—the people of Wattpad HQ who were there to hear my shock and speechlessness on the phone when they presented the opportunity to help me craft the book into what it is today. It's been an amazing journey and an invaluable learning curve. And of course, a huge thanks to Jenn Kitagawa who created the very cute cover of the book!

And then there are my family and friends, who spoiled me with endless cups of tea and Malteasers. They cheered for me during my journey with this book and helped me juggle college responsibilities at the same time! You kept me on track and were amazing cheerleaders. Thank you so much.