LACHTÁRA

~•~

~•~

When Cally arose that next morning, she was surprised to find Atlas still there with her. She was even more surprised to find him still asleep. It was only when she saw no sunlight shone through into their small home that she realized it wasn't yet morning.

Cally rested quietly while she awaited sleep's return. It was hard to believe how much had happened in only a little less than a fortnight. Atlas is human now, she witnessed a plane crash, Atlas saved her from a horrible fate, and now he had agreed to take her home. It was quite a lot to take in in such a short time. More so was the fact the she had befriended the male creature. Although, friendship does not quite encompass their relationship, but it is the only way Cally knows how to describe it. Then there were the words he spoke only a few hours ago.

"...But I do admire you."

Cally is quite unsure as to what exactly he admires about her, and she was afraid to ask at the time. What had me meant by admire? He wouldn't admire just anyone--no, Atlas was not that kind of man. In what ways did he admire her? Was he... Flirting? No, surely not. Did Atlas even know what flirting was?

He had asked her to sing to him, and oh how sweetly he had asked. His words stayed with her while she sang. The way his voice lowered and his eyes lit up with a smile, it nearly made her melt.

"Then sing for me, Calliope."

She sang, and how beautifully had she sung. It was like a poet finally having their muse, or an artist painting his most beloved sitter, she had someone not to sing to, but to sing for. Cally hadn't ever experienced that before.

As she lay pondering all these things, she hadn't expected Atlas to suddenly speak.

"What are you thinking about so intently?" He asks, making Cally jump. She hadn't even realized he was awake whilst she thought those vain things!

She focuses her vision above to see Atlas propped on an elbow and looking down at her quite curiously. Cally crosses her arms, frowning.

"What makes you say I was thinking intently?" She quarries.

"I've been staring at you like this for many minutes now and yet you still had yet to notice me," he answers, smiling cockily down at her.

"Do you know what flirting is?" She suddenly asks.

It isn't her question that surprises Atlas, but her reaction afterwards. The silly little human covered her face immediately thereafter and groaned loudly into her palms, a faint "I should not have said that," audible.

"No, I don't," he answers honestly. "Is it a human practice?"

"Yes," she replies. "But it isn't important."

Atlas hovers his head above hers, smiling down at the perplexing girl. "Oh, but I think it is," he presses.

Cally spreads her fingers to peek up at him through the gaps in her hands. She scowls. Atlas grins.