she comes home to find you asleep

The first thing Jihyo noticed when she first came inside your shared home was the total darkness the room held.

She almost stumbled over her feet as she made her way inside and closed the door behind her. She was surprised it was so dark since it was only after eleven at night and usually you're still awake at this time.

But as she turned one of the lights on and the room became bright, she realized why it had been so dark and so quiet.

There you laid on the couch, sound asleep with the blanket over one of your legs while the other was under it. You looked so peaceful; your breaths were steady like the rise and fall of your chest and you were curled up in one of her comfiest hoodies, and the sight melted her heart.

She tiptoed toward you and let her hand fall to your back. She only meant to kneel down and admire you for a moment, but as she brought her hand up to brush your hair back from your face her fingertips accidentally, but very gently, brushed along your cheek, causing you to stir awake.

Jihyo's eyes lit up when they locked with yours. "Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah, but it's okay. I don't mind. Not when I haven't seen you all day."

Jihyo leaned in to give you a kiss on your forehead before she stood up, much to your confusion. "C'mon, sleepyhead. Let's go up to bed."

She turned around, figuring you'd follow behind her. But she felt your fingers wrap around her wrist before they laced within her own, and it sent her heart aflutter. "Wait for me!"

Jihyo wondered if you heard the giggle fall from her lips. She couldn't seem to hold back. Not when you were so darn cute. "Always, baby."

She only giggled more when your lips lightly touched her cheek. She started to walk up the stairs, hand still in yours as you somehow managed to make your way up each step. You know it's only for her that you're going up to bed, otherwise you'd just continue to sleep on the couch. But you wanna be held by her as much as she wants to be held by you.

The bed was only empty and cold without her there for a minute or two since she had to change into her pajamas and brush her teeth before climbing in bed beside you like she's been waiting to do since she left this morning.

"Hi," she smiled as she inched her fingers towards yours and intertwined them.

"Hi. I hope you had a great day today!" Your eyes closed, even though you tried to fight them. They were too heavy. You were just too tired.

"I did." She bit her lip, wondering if you had fallen asleep yet.

"Why didn't you just come up here if you were so tired? The bed is a lot comfier than the couch," she giggled adorably, tugging your lips up into a smile, despite how sleepy you felt.

"Because you weren't here. I didn't wanna come up to bed without you. I love you."

Jihyo felt her heart beat just a little faster when those words fell from your lips. "I love you too, y/n. Have sweet dreams and a good night's sleep. I'll be here when you wake up in the morning. I'm all yours tomorrow."

"I can't wait," you murmured tiredly, happy those were the last words you heard before you drifted off to sleep in her arms, where you feel like you belonged.