A Stupid Rumor

Brixton P.O.V. (sneak peek into who he is)

This fucking party is going to be the death of me. I don't know why the fuck we need to have another fucking party with a ton of people we don't know nor care about. I have no idea why every week we need to have more people over. I can barely stand four of these guys in one room, let alone all of them plus girls. When there are girls around, it's like the nice part of these boys are just gone and nowhere to be found. I increase the music in my headphones, trying to get another college essay done.

How do these people even have time to party? When are they getting all of their work done? I bet none of them even have jobs. I've had to work my ass off for years (and still am) to be paying all my bills. We live in an expensive, big city (L.A.) for god's sake. All these little rich kids with everything being handed to them. They are lucky to have the opportunity to have that because I certainly didn't as a child. My parents worked day and night to be able to put food on the table for my two brothers Leo and Houston, my sister Sloane, and me.

I was not handed anything, and I've had to work hard to get into a good school. I am envious of most of the people that I live near or are friends with. It feels as though they have been given life on a silver spoon, but I know we all have our problems. We all have things that we are going through. It's just that it pisses me off that people still complain when there are so many other, more horrible, things that could be happening to them. My phone rings beside me, and I see that it's Jenny Rivers, my girlfriend.

"Hey, Jen." 

Reign P.O.V.

"What do we have here boys?"

"A fresh catch."

I roll my eyes. I can't help but not keep my mouth shut.

"If you're looking for a fish, you won't find it here."

The three men around me chuckle slowly, but I don't let it get to me. I haven't ever been in a situation like this before, but I don't think me being a big mouth is really going to help me. It's never helped other girls in the movies. I lean my head back, rolling it.

"What are you going to do, little girl?"

"I have no idea. What do you want me to do?"

He looks at me, surprised that I am honest. I don't know what they want from me. I figured that if I asked they might tell me. Was that a strange approach...maybe, but it might work. I don't know who these guys are. They could be really sweet. I have no idea who I'm trying to convince. Clearly they know a rumor about me, and they all it takes for them hate me. That's all I am. 

A stupid rumor.

A rumor that was started because someone else did something wrong. I feel like that's how they all start. People want to cover their tracks, so they don't have to admit they were wrong. Of course, in doing that, they destroy someone else's life. It's not appreciated. Own up to what you did. You deserve those consequences, not me. A loner who had no idea that anything was going on. 

"Boys...you know what to do."

Oh, that sounds ominous. Great. Just what I need. Three guys who think they are in the mafia are now probably going to try to torture me for information I have no idea about. Wonderful, right? I'm just going to add this to the list of bullshit I go through everyday, not that anything like this happens everyday. Gosh, I'm so fucking tired. Have you ever felt so tired that everything seems like a blur?

One day folds into the next which then folds into the next and then all of sudden you're on your deathbed. I just want to be in my bed. My ice cream is melting, wherever it is, and I don't want to be here. Doesn't anyone understand that. I know you don't want me here, that's why I almost didn't show, until one of the most influential girls drags me in here. 

Kelsey was probably part of this. 

The two boys on either side of me drag me up the stairs. At least I'm headed in the direction I want to go. That's a plus. Yes, keep this up boys. Toss me out the window while you're at it. That way I can shimmy down the drain pipe. I never thought I would think that. Ha. 

What doesn't happen is me being tossed out a window. Okay, so nothing is going as planned. Definition of my life. They drag me down the hall and to a closet. They throw me inside. Because I'm so small, five feet one inch to be exact, I fucking fit.

 I don't know whether or not that's an advantage or not. But all I have to say right now is, what the hell. What in the actual hell is going on?! I don't even want to fucking be here. I did not sign up for this. My mother never told me that I might be locked in a closet if I went to a sorority. Does that even fucking happen? Oh, wait. It has. I'm now locked in a closet. 

I bang on the door like an idiot. No one's going to let me out. I'm claustrophobic. Y'all please. I'm going to die in here, and my body will rotting and smelly. You'll have to hide a dead body. Frat boys, whoever you are, don't leave me here. Please don't leave me here. My worst fucking nightmare. 

This is one of the most horrible nights of my life. 

I try to pry the door open but that doesn't work. Of course it doesn't fucking work, Reign. It's a fucking closet. Are they trying to tell me they like I'm a lesbian? There's nothing wrong with that, but I don't want to be something I'm not. Why would they do this to me? I don't understand. It was one mistake, and I'm never going to do it again. It's not even my fault. It was his decision. He was the one with the girlfriend of whatever. 

I don't know how many minutes later, but the music finally dies down. That's a complete surprise, most of the parties last all night. Unless I've been here all night. How long have I been in here? What if no one knows I'm here? What if I die in here? I've already been through that. Overthink about something else, Reign. I try to think about something else but slam my hand against the floor when nothing comes to mind. Oh for fucks sake! The one time I need to overthink, I can't think. 

I bang on the door with my fists. I scream 'let me out', but all I hear is chuckles on the opposite side of the door. Right. 'Cause now every guy in the frat house knows there's a girl locked in their hall closet. That girl being me. So I'm pretty sure most of the guys know I'm in here. That's clear now. I have to get one of them to let me out. I snort, chuckling slightly. 

I'm going crazy. No one would let me out of this closet. I'm going to die in here. Why they didn't do this to me as a freshman, I have no idea. Why are they doing this now? Now that they are doing it, I can only imagine that none of these people like me. I knew that, but I don't know whether or not I want them to like me. That's not my biggest problem right now. 

I can feel my shortness of breath starting. I place my hand on my chest, and I can almost feel my heart about to beat out of my body. I place my other hand on the wall, trying to calm myself, but I can't. I feel like I'm choking. I can't breath. My head aches. Everything feels heavy. My chest starts to hurt, and I start to sweat. I grab onto my hoodie sleeve as I try to calm myself. I feel tears sting at my eyes while I'm trying to breathe. 

I need to fucking breath, but nothing seems to work. I bang on the door again, and it does nothing either. Does nothing except make my panic attack worse. I've only had a few of these, but I hate them so much. They don't last super long, but they are extremely painful for me. I start to shake, and I feel that suffocating feeling. Finally, after what feels like forever, my nausea stops. My breathing starts to go back to normal. I bang on the door another time.