Chapter 13

“So..” Lilith said, turning to me as soon as Gyth was out of sight.

I flinched, snapping my head towards her direction. Her intimidating eyes are glaring at me from across the room.

Her hair is dark red, flowing below her pelvis. Her eyes are covered with black ink, and her lips are shaded in scarlet. I noticed how pale she is just like Gyth. Not to mention, how gorgeous she really is.

“You’re the so called handmaiden?” Lilith said, approaching my frozen stature.

Handmaiden?

I don’t have any idea why she called me that way but I personally am sure that she has it wrong. I don’t remember anything in particular except Dicarius mentioning about demons treating humans as slaves.

Also, I know how Gyth despised how humans are being treated that way.

Suddenly, the tension in the room made it harder to even breathe.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I muttered, swallowing the lump in my throat. She chuckled all of a sudden that echoed throughout the room.

“I see. You’re not aware of what you are here aren’t you?” She said, standing in front of me.

I cowered, unable to look at her. In contrast, I fully know my place in this castle.

She rested the palm of her hands on her hips, circling me around. My breath hitched as she halted behind me and I just stood there unable to move.

She proceeded to touch my hair making me squeal in terror. I covered my mouth as soon as it came out, not wanting to make her angrier.

I fully know that she’s a demon by the way she looks and she’s more than capable of ending my life.

“You have a nice hair don’t you?” She said, gently stroking my hair. I can sense the devilish grin on her face as my body trembled uncontrollably at her touch.

The next thing I knew she grabbed a piece of my hair, pulling it ever so hardly towards her.

A scream escaped my throat as I fought to free my hair in her hands. Her grip was so strong almost as if my scalp is being torn apart.

“How dare you have your hair dyed? You’re just a damn slave!” She yelled as I winced in pain trying to pull back my hair in her grip.

Her unbelievable strength couldn’t compare to mine as she dragged me against the wall.

“P-please stop..” I begged.

Not long till tears began bursting from my eyes. My scalp felt like it was being ripped apart.

I fought the urge to just give in and let her do what she likes as I struggled from her grasp.

I felt her grip softened when there's a sudden click of the door’s handle.

She immediately dragged me onto the couch settling me beside her as I wiped away my tears, not leaving any proof.

My breath hitched as I felt her breathe against my neck.

“I'll end you if you dare tell your master.” She muttered, leaving shivers down my spine.

Her threat echoed repeatedly in my head. I felt an extreme form of fear I’ve never felt before. At that exact moment, I decided to never tell Gyth about it.

Gyth stepped into the room, confusion written all over his face as Lilith and I sat side by side on the couch looking like we’ve spent the time he was away being friendly to each other.

“What happened?” Gyth asked raising a brow, watching us carefully.

Lilith suddenly wrapped her arm on mine, almost making me flinch. She gently brushed the hair on my back, erasing the evidence of the fight as my whole body shivered from her touch.

“Oh we’ve had a great time knowing each other!” Lilith said with a made up high-pitched tone.

I felt Lilith’s touch tightened, making me tremble shortly. I just nodded quietly, not wanting to utter a word.

“I see.” Gyth said stoically as he walked to his desk.

My heart sunk at his response. I just hoped that he saw through the façade that Lilith made since I won’t have the guts to tell him.

No, I can’t tell him about it or I won’t have another day to live.

“Lilith you should go.” Gyth said, making me shift my gaze towards him. I felt a sudden rush of relief oozing inside me.

“Ohh, But I just came back from my trip and you were the first one I’ve visited!” She said pouting her lips.

Not long till her face suddenly turned dark as a devilish grin formed on her lips whilst glancing towards me.

“But I don’t want to keep you from your work.” Lilith added standing up from the couch.

I never saw that coming. I thought that she’d stay for a while seeing how much she clung to Gyth the moment she came.

“I’ll be back at the king’s castle. I’ll see you on the end of the month.” She said and Gyth accompanied her to the door, her steps filled with grace.

“Thank you Lilith. Take care.” Gyth said, sending Lilith off the door.

She glanced towards me one last time before she stepped out of the room.

I could finally breathe.