•C h a p t e r T h i r t y - S e v e n•

Song for chapter thirty seven: Avalanche by Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato

|Skyler|

"Guess who didn't study for the math test!" Josie exclaimed as she approached Aden and I at my locker. Ryan was next to her, scarfing down a cream cheese bagel.

I looked at her, my eyes widening slightly. "We have a test?"

"Oh boy, you're even worse than me," Josie laughed. "I'll meet you there for our demise." she walked off with Ryan, disappearing behind a crowd of other students, all scurrying around or stuffing their faces into their textbooks, studying last minute for their test or quizzes.

"Damn Clumsy, the one thing you cannot do in high school is forget about a math test," Aden chuckled next to me as he took in my panicked expression.

"Its your fault I forgot," I turned to him as I shut my locker. "You're the one who kept me late last night."

"Yes well, it was worth it," he pulled me in for a hug, wrapping his arms around me.

I melted into his arms. Yeah I guess it was.

"Don't worry about the test, you'll do great," his phone buzzed in his pocket and he fished it out, releasing me from the hug. A perplexed expression was plastered on his face when he saw the message.

"Who is it?" I asked.

Aden shoved his phone back into his pocket, seeming nonchalant. "McKenna."

"She has your number?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah from like four years ago I guess," he shrugged.

"Well, what did she say?" I looked at him expectantly.

"Nothing much. I'll see you in chemistry, good luck on your test," he shot me one last smile before walking off. I frowned, suddenly feeling an uncomfortable twist in my stomach as I made my way to math class. For the last five minutes before the bell, I skimmed over the textbook, hoping that my brain could absorb some of those problems.

Surprisingly, for someone who didn't study, it went pretty well. At least, I was pretty sure it was okay. But then again, every time you thought  you did fine you would end up doing bad, so it was all in God's hands now. Math was the one thing I couldn't mess up for university.

Chemistry also passed smoothly with a lesson that took up the entire class, and when the bell finally rang everyone was eager to get out for lunch.

"I have to use the washroom, I'll meet you in the cafeteria?" I asked Aden as we walked out of the classroom and into the rush of students heading to lunch.

"I'll just wait outside for you," he shrugged when we stopped in front of the bathroom. I nodded and walked in through the door, immediately crashing head first into another person.