27. Brad Windom's Nose

"Life had broken her,
 but she was still there,
 persisting
 in the shards
 of her
 broken
 pieces."

~ Atticus

Isabella Hammond laughed uproariously as she hugged Scarlett again, probably for the fifth time that night

Isabella Hammond laughed uproariously as she hugged Scarlett again, probably for the fifth time that night. There were tears in the corners of her eyes as she laughed.

"Oh, I absolutely love you, Sky," she told Scarlett.

The events of the night had made them very close.

Isabella wiped the corners of her eyes and Jenna leaned into her, laughing silently into her shoulder.

"Did you see the look on Brad's face?" she asked, shaking with laughter.

Isabella nodded and Scarlett couldn't help, but laugh with them as she looked around the table at everyone else. They all seemed to be in very good humour. Even Ace had traded in his small smile for a broader one as he smiled at Scarlett approvingly.

"It's been about three hours," Scarlett told the girls who were laughing.

Elliot chuckled. "If you think anyone of us is getting over the fact that you punched Brad Windom right in the nose in this lifetime, you're sorely mistaken," he told Scarlett.

Ace looked over at his assistant. He wanted to tell her that he completely approved what she had done and tell her that she had his full permission to do it again, whenever she wanted – not that she needed it. He didn't , though, because he didn't want to share that with so many people around.

Ace hadn't been watching the exchange when it happened because he was in conversation with Aiden, but no one missed Brad's loud grunt of pain when Scarlett had punched him square in the middle of his smug face.

"Tell us what happened again," Rosalie urged, also laughing.

Scarlett shrugged. "I wasn't really expecting him, but I was standing near the refreshments table trying to eat something and the guy put a hand on my back and moved it down. He whispered something in my ear, but I really wasn't about to have that, so I turned and punched him. I didn't even think. It just happened. I didn't realize that I had hit so hard. Not until I saw the blood."

By this time, Isabella, Jenna, Erica and Rosalie were laughing again and the boys seemed equally tickled. Ace's knuckles, however, were white as he gripped his glass.

"My favorite part is when the sissy ran out crying about his nose," Isabella laughed.

"Was that before or after he made those horrified noises?" Jenna asked.

Rosalie thought. "I think it was between the whimpering and the "my nose, my nose"."

Scarlett laughed.

Ace leaned into her. "He deserved it, Ambrose. I'm glad you did it."

She turned and smiled at him, watching his eyes.