she makes you smile when you're not having a good day

Hailee could tell you weren't having a great day.

She wasn't sure what was bothering you. You didn't seem to be willing to talk about whatever it was. But she could see it on your face; you were sad, you were drained, and you just didn't seem to be in a great mood.

She made her way to where you sat on the couch. You were watching a movie. It was your favorite comedy, and yet, she hasn't heard that beautiful laugh of yours that usually hears every minute during this film.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong, baby?" She asked when the silence became too overwhelming. She started to play with your hair. You simply shrugged your shoulders in response to her question.

"Just not having a good day?"

You nodded and Hailee reached for the remote to turn off the movie. Your eyes went wide and you had a few words the tip of your tongue. But they never left your lips because soon Hailee was laying you on your back and hovering over you to kiss across your face.

It was impossible not to laugh when her lips touched both of your eyelids then just below your eyes. They traveled to your cheeks and then your forehead to the corners of your lips. Her fingers trailed to your sides and she started to tickle you a little making you squirm and laugh beneath her.

"H-Hailee!" You laughed, so hard that your stomach was starting to your hurt. "Stop i-it!"

She continued for a few more seconds then stopped as you asked. She laid her forehead against yours, eyes looking deeply into your own. As a smile appeared on your face she found her own lips pulling up.

"Your smiling now. That's gotta be a good sign of you feeling better, right?"

You nodded and trailed your fingers to her cheeks. Her hands rested on top of yours and she slowly leaned in to give you a soft, loving kiss.

"Even when no one else can, you always seem to make me smile." You murmured against her lips, feeling her grin into the next kiss.

"That's my job. But I'm glad I can help you. You have a beautiful smile, baby girl. I only wanna see that smile, never a frown."

You sighed and pecked her lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too, y/n." She said before she started to kiss across your face, making your smile return and that giggle that she loves to hear fall from your lips repeatedly.

It sent her heart aflutter. She never wanted to stop, because she never wanted that happiness to fade.

But little did she know, that as long as you had her your happiness could never fade.