six

HANA

Carl's apparently old business partner is an old woman that looks like she could drop dead at any moment that insists she goes by the name Ma'am or Ms Wright only, and if we dare to call her any other name, we would be punished - when she announced that Harry nudged me and send me a cheeky grin that I whacked him in the arm for.

"She's a proper bitch," Harry grumbles as we get ready for the afternoon activity of a hike (that I'll hopefully enjoy) in our bathroom.

"She is, she's so strict. And all those stupid rules - who does she think she is? All candy will be confiscated during a soon upcoming room inspection? What the fuck?" I rant as I brush my teeth again.

"And she's only here for a few days, she's acting like she's taking over the camps," he chuckles, currently perched on the counter and devouring a bag of doritos like he usually does. Coincidentally, Deja is staring at him very enthusiastically.

"Give me," I state, holding my hand out whilst continuing to brush my teeth, then spitting out and washing my mouth before eating the dorito he gave me. I grimace at the weird taste mixture, but I eat some more anyway until the loud bell rings.

"Well, my dad's fucking off today and hopefully we can have a nice few days without any drama, Cherry," he smiles, hopping down from the counter and easily lifting me to sit in his place, hands playfully squeezing my waist.

"We never get that," I tease, although it's the truth; we never seem to get a break from all the drama.

Harry's eyes squint as he studies my face, "what are you thinking about, Cherrypop? Why are you worried?" he asks, sighing as I suck in a sharp breath, not bothering to reply as he knows exactly what I'm worrying about. "I'm not going to do that again, baby, I'm not going to hurt myself. It was a mistake, it never should've happened—"

"Yeah, it never should've happened," I emphasise, "but it did. And I'm not going to stop worrying; I can't stop thinking about if you hadn't called me on that day, or I hadn't managed to get to you just in time. I don't want to think about... that, but I can't not," I frown, however Harry gives me a small smile and leans forward to press his soft lips to mine, one hand coming to rest on the back of my head and pull me closer, although the kiss remains sweet and mostly innocent.

"I love you. I'm not leaving you, in any way. I can't."

"I love you, Harry. Please, just talk to me in the future," I remind him, even though I smile whilst I speak, linking my little finger with his and retaining dizzying eye contact. His eyes are so brightly coloured and his stare can make you feel faint in seconds if he wants, and he always does.

"Come on, Cherry, we should go," he lifts me from the counter, patting his leg to gesture for Deja to follow him as he adores going on long hikes with us every time I come up, and Harry often goes with him alone in the little time we're not together.

"What time are we coming back?"

"Five, I think. Dinner is pasta, dessert is ice cream and if I'm good, I'm hoping you can be my dessert," he teases, laughing adorably when I swat his chest at his assumption.

"If you're lucky," I reply, handing him his backpack and dragging him to the main hall, Deja by our side the whole way. "See you in a bit," I kiss his cheek quickly as we're ordered to depart to our respective groups.

He grips my forearm, tugging me tightly into his body and cupping my cheeks, provocatively tracing his tongue along my lip before slipping it between then, kissing me deeply until Ms Wright orders us apart.

"I love you, Cherry!" he claims, much louder that normal, causing my eyebrows to raise in amusement.

"You're just doing this to make someone jealous, aren't you?"