Chapter 34- Earbuds

As Chat Noir and I reach the Eiffel Tower, I feel something grab my leg. I see a sewer plate pushed to the side, and Ladybug looking up at me. "Down here!" She whispers.

Chat and I both climb down the ladder to see Ladybug standing next to another superhero. He has a cyan, black, and teal suit, with a scale like texture. He has green eyes and highlights in his hair, and a cyan mask. Around his waist, a small belt holding a lyre.

"Alley Cat, this is Viperion! Viperion, Alley Cat." Ladybug says, introducing each other. I hold out my hand to Viperion. "It's great to meet you!" I say. Viperion takes my hand and shakes it. "The same to you. I'm looking forward to fighting with you."

"It's good to see you again, Viperion." Chat Noir says, smiling. He then turns to Ladybug. "So what's the plan for defeating Desperada?"

"I was thinking about calling Viperion again, because of how well he helped the first time we fought her." Ladybug explains. "We can't be sure of her weaknesses, so I was thinking Alley Cat and Viperion could observe her, while Chat Noir and I fight her, working to better expose that weakness." Ladybug excitingly says.

"Let's spit up." Chat Noir says.

Me and Viperion run down the sewer a bit more, until we reach another ladder and sewer plate above us. "We should be right underneath the Eiffel Tower." Viperion says.

Viperion raises his wrist, saying, "Second chance!" The little snake on his bracelet moves back, revealing a timer.

"So now you have five minutes until you turn back, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I can go back in time as many times as I want. We should get going, though." Viperion says.

I climb up the ladder and
Carefully move the sewer lid to the side. I take a quick look around and climb out. Viperion follows me out, and we sneak behind a beam on the tower. "There she is." I whisper, pointing to the top of a higher beam. "You'll see me later." I say, winking. "Mist." I disappear, and begin climbing up the beams, towards Desperada.

I can see Ladybug and Chat Noir confronting Desperada. She pulls a trombone from her case, and aims it at them. I call Viperion on my mirror.

"Alley Cat?" I hear his voice ask.

"Viperion, Desperada takes all her instruments from her case. Is that how she was last time?" I ask.

"Yeah. Did you notice anything else?"

"Hmmm..." I scan her again. "Did she always have earbuds in?"

"No! That's new...do you think that's where the Akuma is?"

"It could be! We should tell Lady-" I'm cut off by Desperada turning in my direction, and spamming golden orbs in my direction. Suddenly I'm simply gone.

——————

"So now you have five minutes until you turn back, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, but we need to call Ladybug and tell her about the earbuds." Viperion says, pulling out his phone.

"What earbuds?" I ask him.

"I've already used my second chance once now. You don't remember anything that happened after I set my second chance. You saw Desperada's earbuds, which weren't there before." Viperion explains to me.

"So I got hit?" Im beginning to feel guilty about all these questions I'm asking Viperion...

"Yes, but it's alright because I went back in time a couple of minutes before."

"Oh, well thanks." I say.

"It's no problem."

"You should probably call Ladybug about the earbuds." I point to the phone like contraption on his lyre.

Viperion pulls out the phone and calls her, explaining the earbuds. When he's off the phone he turns to me. "Ladybug has a plan." He says, smiling.