BNHA Part 48

--Midoriya--

Midoriya:We'll get Eri away from him next time! (Mirio joins) And we'll protect her!

We'll save her! | Mirio:We won't let her down!

Rock Lock:*scoffs* You kids wanna talk big? That's fine,but if what Nighteye's saying is for real,that little girl is at the center of Hassaikai's entire underground drug operation. She may have managed to get away from Overhaul for a few minutes,but she got herself seen by a couple of heroes.

Rock Lock:You think he still gonna keep her at home after that? Hell,I know I sure wouldn't! And if we go bustin' into their headquarters and she's not there,they're gonna know that we're on to them. We gotta be sure where he's hiding her.

Draco:He has a point,so what's your plan,Nighteye? | Nighteye:Since we don't currently know how far they've taken their plans,the success of our initial strike is crucial. To that end,we've made a thorough list of groups with connections to Hassaikai,as well as properties owned by the organization. This is our starting point.

Nighteye:I would like you all to investigate each coordinate on this map. It is the most logical way to narrow down our targets. | Hero:So that's why you asked minor heroes like us to join you. | Hero:What do you mean? | Hero:Go on,look. The heroes in this room all operate in one of those locals. We know the area better than most.

Fat Gum:Didn't expect someone who work with All Might for so long to be such a careful planner! Let's go bring 'em down! While we're taking our sweet time,that abused girl's out there crying somewhere! | Nighteye:We can't do this like All Might would,that's why we must be meticulous with our strategies and predictions for the outset,so we have the highest chance of saving her.

Gran Torino:He's right,we shouldn't rush. If we show our hand and then don't end up rescuing her,then we just be throwing gas into the fire. Like how Stain's capture was a beacon to let criminals seek out and join the League. In fact,I wouldn't be surprised if they handed out quirk-destroying weapons to those hoodlums in order to increase their recruitment.

Fat Gum:You're thinking too dang much! If we keep sitting here yapping about,we're never get anything done! | Mr. Aizawa:*raises his hand* Excuse me? I've got a question. (Nighteye nods) I don't know the specifics of your quirk,Nighteye,feel free to correct,but from what I've heard of it,your quirk Foresight allows you to see into the future,so why not use it on us? That seems logical,right?

Nighteye:I'm sorry,but I cannot. (Mr. Aizawa looks at him with surprised eyes) My Foresight has some limitations. I need a full 24 hours between activations,that means I get one person,and then I'm spent for the rest of the day. Additionally,the future is played on my mind like a flashback. Think of it like viewing a film strip. For one hour,I have the power to watch a person's life like a movie.  The issue is,everything that I see is from a tight perspective on the person in question. This severely limits my capacity to interpret context.

Mr. Aizawa:That should still provide more than enough information,don't you think? And it doesn't explain why you can't do it. | Nighteye:What if I saw imminent death on the near future? Worse,what if it were a cruel,merciless demise?

This is...because of what happened with All Might...

Nighteye:My quirk should be employed only after we confirmed the highest likelihood of success,then it can assure our victory. It shouldn't be relied upon when there are still too many uncertainties. | Rock Lock:Woah woah woah,hold up,death is still information. If we know what's coming,then we can figure out how to survive!

Nighteye:You don't understand. It's possible what I see is unavoidable. | Rock Lock:Bro,that's the only excuse you have? For real? Oh hell no! Just use it on me now,I'll show you I can beat death! | Nighteye:I can't...