Chapter 12

Thank you all so much for 2K reads!! 

I even passed 300 on chapter 1! It may not seem like a lot but it means so much to me :)

Also, thank you all (the few people still reading this story) so much, your comments mean the world to me and are the only reason I am still able to keep writing this story <3

I'm going to put a little TW on this chapter because some parts are a little rough, it's not gruesome or descriptive. (abuse/just kinda sad in general)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas's POV

My room was a greyish blue color. My walls could barely be seen as they were completely covered by posters of famous boxers. I had a large King-sized bed in the corner with a desk on the opposite wall and a small tv right above it.

And I know it's kind of cringy, but I also have LED lights all around my ceiling, I don't know, I like the mood they set with different colors. Plus my lights don't dim.

Oh, and we are just going to pretend I don't have dirty and or clean clothes completely covering the entirety of my floor.

Kai set his backpack down next to my desk, looking at all the different boxers, some pictures taken during fights, and some after winning championships.

"So you weren't kidding when you said you were into boxing," Kai said, his hazel eyes exploring the new environment.

"Yeah," I put my bag next to his and sat on my bed as Kai slowly walked around my cramped room.

"There aren't a whole lot of things I enjoy in life, but I've loved boxing since I was little!" Kai sat down next to me, I could tell that sparkles were coming out of my eyes, they did that whenever I talked about boxing.

"I've never tried proper boxing, but I'm not gonna lie, I really do like fighting," Kai had this light in his eyes, his excitement evident.

"You know what I'm talking about, it's the adrenaline rush, the high it gives me is better than any drug."

"I know exactly what you mean," I smiled, staring straight into his eyes.

Neither of us said a word. We just stared into each other's eyes.

The air felt heavy, tension filling the room. I began to lean in but as I approached Kai's face he turned away and stood up.

Ouch.

He turned around and looked around my room really quick until he spotted something on my shelf. Trying to appease the awkward mood Kai picked up a football and asked me, "How about we play some catch?"

His smile was enough to make me forget about that little rejection from before.

I shook my head and laughed, "Sure."

We headed to my small backyard, walking towards the grass. As Kai passed the pool he paled, quickly averting his eyes. It looked as if he was going to pass out.

Once we were away from the pool and a good distance away from each other Kai cocked his arm and began to throw the football.

"Hey," Kai started, "can I ask a question?"

"Shoot," I threw the ball back.

"Why'd you say something about this being a once in a lifetime chance to be alone? Do you have a big family or something?"

I caught Kai's next throw.

"Big family?" I scoffed, "Are you kidding? I have four siblings."

"Four??" Kai looked repulsed by the number as he caught my toss.