24

"You've got company

"You've got company." Gato said before muttering.
"I'm going to enjoy this."

Gato had ahold of Zuko by the cloth of his robe. He threw him down a hole that let to the crystal catacombs. Zuko grunted and yelled in pain as he was tumbling to the bottom.

"Zuko!" Soana yelled before looking to Gato.
"I trusted you!"

This angered Soana, making her stabbing gaze slice Gato sharply.

She started kicking at him with her feet when she realized she couldn't use her hands.
"Feisty one." The guy holding her chuckled before throwing her down with Zuko.

Soana grunted as each slam against rock, bruised and battered her terribly. She lost the air in her lungs when she crashed at the bottom and crashed into a crystal near the opening.

She gasped and coughed as Zuko frantically went to the princess to comfort her. He went to her side and made his arms pick her up and lay her across his lap.
"Soana, I'm so sorry for this."

She shook her head, slowly regaining her breath.

"Soana?" They both heard a girl speak who Soana didn't know, but had seen before.

"Why did they throw you in here?" She asked the princess with sympathy until she caught Zuko's narrowed gaze.

She sneered at him.
"Oh wait! I guess this is a trap, so that when Aang shows up to help me, you can finally have him in your Fire Nation clutches!"

While Soana closed her eyes, feeling a slight head ache forming, Zuko looked over his shoulder at Katara then back to the princess.

"You're a terrible person, you know that! Always following us, hunting the Avatar, trying to capture the world's last hope for peace! But what do you care? You're the Firelord's son. Spreading war and violence and hatred is in your blood."

Soana shook her head, so far being the only form of communication with Zuko since she couldn't speak so well after having the breath knocked out of her.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Katara."
Zuko spat, as Soana began to take shaky breaths, slowly recovering.

"I don't? How dare you! You have no idea what this war has put me through. Me, personally. The Fire Nation took my mother away from me."

Although she felt unsteady, Soana started to move in Zuko's grasp, sitting up and moving away.

"That's....something...we have..in...c-common." Soana said shakily, catching Katara's attention.