23 ' couple item

Yume covers her mouth with her hand, trying her best not to laugh at the cringe-worthy scene, feeling the second-hand embarrassment. She steps away from the scene, seeing how frozen Amari is.

"Sakusa what?" he repeats his question with a blank face. Amari refuses to make another sound or movement, not knowing what to say.

"If I didn't mishear, Sakusa Emi," he answers himself, placing a hand on her shoulder to make her face him, yet she doesn't bulge.

"Sakusa Emi?" he reiterates, his lips slowly forming a smirk.

"I, I didn't me-"

"Mean it?"

"I was just, just, joking around," she gives him an excuse, her voice getting shaky with every word.

"Uhuh, you didn't mean it. I mean, Sakusa Emi? Does it even sound nice?" he teases, which apparently doesn't work on her.

"It doesn't?" She finally faces him, pouting.

"I don't know, but it's just a joke, right?"

"You don't think, um, Sakusa Emi, sounds nice?"

"Kiyoomi-san, the teacher-" a feminine voice interrupts the awkward conversation, but as soon as he recognizes the voice, he cuts her off as well.

"I'll go, just wait," he tells her, a little like a scold.

Amari sways her head to the right to see who it is and recognizes her. It's the girl who did that in the plane yesterday.

"She calls you Kiyoomi now?" Amari immediately complains, clicking her tongue.

"It's not like I told her to. She's like that, a social butterfly or something," he explains.

"I'm what you might call a social butterfly but I'm not like that," she defends and sighs.

"You really don't like her, do you?" he groans. The cute and awkward moment they shared is now ruined.

"She calls you Kiyoomi, she leans her head on your shoulder, she talks to you 24/7, she-"

"We do not talk 24/7. And the leaning thing, that was once," he tries reasoning with her, who is already furious.

Amari rolls her eyes in response, not knowing what else there is to say. "Can we just buy something? Like a souvenir?" he suggests and looks over at the shelves.

"Also, why are you buying so much?" he continues as he glances over her basket.

"No particular reason."

"Would you like one?" he offers and looks at her again. She's still pouting, with her eyebrows furrowing. "Emi?" he calls.

"A bracelet? Like a couple bracelet?" she mumbles, looking at the item he's referring to.

"No, I mean, just one for yo-"

"A couple item! Yeah, I want two!" Her mood swifts quickly, thinking it's Sakusa's way of making up.

"I meant-" he tries correcting her but pauses as soon as she has her hands on two bracelets.

"Let's go, I'll play for these," she excitedly tells him.

Sakusa's thinking of a way to correct her for the last time; he isn't a big fan of these couple items and PDA in general either. However, he gazes at her and her frown turning to a soft innocent smile. He couldn't bring himself to reject her idea of a couple bracelet, not now that she's already smiling.

"I'll pay for it," he offers and grabs the bracelets from her hand. "I don't plan on buying anything else anyway," he adds and walks to the counter.

She gladly follows him and clings on his arm. "You really like PDA, don't you, Emi?" he sighs.

"It's like, telling the world that Sakusa Kiyoomi's mine, or something like that," she confirms as he grabs his wallet.

7PM
Room 308

"Is that, is that a couple bracelet?!" Sho exclaims while Sakusa removes his jacket.

"What?" It gets Komori's attention, who knew too well that Sakusa loathed these kinds of things.

"A couple bracelet! With Amari-san!" Sho's voice even got louder, "Class 1's beauty really is taken," he exaggerates.

"Whatever. Shut up."

"Wow, I never thought you'd agree to this sort of stuff," Komori tells Sakusa, who was now grabbing a change of clothes from his luggage.

"Is this even a big deal?" Sakusa complains and looks back at Komori.

"Is this an advanced birthday present?"

"Whose birthday?"

"What?"

"What?"

"Kiyoomi, it'll be her birthday next week."

"Oh."

"Please don't tell me you didn't know that."