Chapter 12

Pic of Damon, comment and vote!

It had been a few weeks since I got the text from Damon. I had managed to keep it from my brothers by putting Daniella as his contact name, I had a close call a week ago but I managed to get out of it. I had gotten my stitches out and thankfully the scar was fading, according to the doctor as long as I didn't stay out in the sun and kept putting cream on it the scar would be barely noticeable. In addition to all of that I was transferred to a new English class, as if that wasn't difficult enough I was in a class with Melvin, and as fate had it, Damon.

*A week ago*

"Who are you texting?" Melvin said nosily, sticking his head through my door. One of the disadvantages of not having a lock on my door. I was in my room texting Damon, or Daniella, when he walked in. I usually never texted, I only ever texted Lexi and I knew I had caught the suspicion of Melvin.

"Daniella," I said quickly, I knew from experience to be upfront, even with a lie. If you mess around with them that will just make them angrier and suspicious.

"Who's Daniella? I've never met your friend Daniella," He said coming closer. Panicked I deleted the conversation and locked my phone.

"She's in my class," I said with nonchalance.

"Let me see," He said, calling my bluff.

"KIDS COME DOWN FOR DINNER!" My mother called from downstairs, talk about saved by the bell.

"After," Melvin said annoyed, as much as he would love to catch me doing something wrong his stomach was more important. Thankfully Melvin wasn't as determined to catch me in a lie as the others.

"Okay," I said and waited for him to leave. I quickly called Lexi and filled her in, I told her I was going to switch her and Damon's contact names so my non incriminating conversation with Lexi would be the one he would read. Genius I know, the swap saved my life and potentially Damon's.

*Present*

"LYDIA GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" I heard Marcus yell from downstairs. I was taking way too long to get ready, only because I had a reason to. Things with Damon were going well, as well as it could in my situation.

"I'M COMING!" Damon understood that I couldn't do anything with him but that didn't stop him from being disappointed. He wasn't boyfriend material that was for sure, but he had a charm that was magnetic, I couldn't deny it.

We had been talking about everything these few weeks and I got to know him a lot better. His dad wasn't around and his mom was always working late. It made me grateful to live the life that I do, with both parents and the restaurant. According to him the girls were a distraction, but that was such a typical boy thing to say, it didn't change my opinion about him.

I walked downstairs, I was wearing leggings and a cutoff sweater, topped off with my combat boots and a beanie. The weather had cooled down dramatically and I was enjoying being able to wear leggings without my brothers saying anything. Not that it stopped them of course, but I was allowed a little more freedom.

"Who are you trying to impress?" Marcus asked pissed off that I was late.

"Shut up Marcus," I rolled my eyes and grabbed a waffle, "Let's go,"

"Oh she has an attitude too," Melvin joined in annoying me.

"Where's Greg?" Joseph asked, ignoring us.

"He's not taking us, Leo is," Marcus said, grabbing his backpack. I walked out to a waiting Leo, he was on the phone talking to someone and when he saw us he hung up.

"Lydia are you wearing my beanie?" Leo asked.

"No it's mine!" I laughed and jumped into the car.

"When you guys get home Felix and I have an announcement," Leo said as he started the car.