English Lit 206

Kyle smirks.

"What are you going to do about it, little girl?"

"Fucking kill you."

He chuckles, stepping closer to my face. My fists clench.

"Aww, sweet thing. You aren't supposed to talk like that."

"You misogynistic little fucker."

"Watch your mouth, sweetheart."

Before I know what I did, I feel my fist connect with his nose. I hear a crack and blood rushes out onto Kyle's face. I step back in shock, not knowing what came over me.

"You broke my nose! Fuck, that hurts!"

I try to hide my smile as I take a step back. I should not have done that, but I'm not going to regret and I'm not going to give a fuck. He ruined my car. He's a little motherfucking bitch who needs to know that he doesn't mean shit to me. I look at the five other boys. Lincoln and Harlen are trying to help their friend out but to no avail. The two boys beside Brixton have the largest smiles I've ever seen plastered on their faces. Brixton's smile is smaller, but it warms me just the same.

"I would say I'm sorry, but he deserved it."

Brixton shakes his head, but is still smiling, so I know he approves. I like knowing that he's supporting me in my efforts to be a bad bitch. Besides him being a liar, he seems like a great guy. The other two boys step close to me, their hands ready to shake. The guy with gray eyes takes ahold of my hand first.

"Hi. I'm Dexter Viers."

The other guy with green eyes shakes my hand after Dexter.

"I'm Nick Parker."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Reign Henderson."

"You know Brix?"

"Yeah, but I don't call him that. To me he's an 'idiot'. What up, idiot?"

"Thank you, Reign. Thank you."

"Your sarcasm makes me want to bang my head against the wall."

"Oh, shut up."

The other two boys look between our two smiling faces.

"Uh guys. We have to get to class."

I'm snapped back into reality when Nick says that. Damn it. How the hell am I going to get to class with no car? The bus system is later than the time I need to get to class, and I really don't want to be late. I could steal a car. Walking is way too far. I can't fix my car in time. If they punctured my tire, the job would already be done, but my fucking engine. Now that's low. Especially since I have been working my ass off for that car.

"Hey, Reign. I'm guessing you need a ride."

"Is that an offer?"

"Yes."

"Then, I totally take it. You are a lifesaver. From yesterday to now. You are the man."

"Well, half the things were my fault."

"Not really. I just said that to make you mad, and it worked."

"No it didn't."

"You're telling me I don't get under your skin? Not even a little?"

"Maybe a little. But not enough."

"Is that a challenge?"

Brixton smirks at me as I bat my not long enough eyelashes. I give him a sweet smile, but then remember he has a girlfriend. Fuck. They might be right. Am I a slut? I like having sex, Brixton's hot, but does that make me a slut? I'm just being myself. That's maybe what's been wrong with me this whole time. Maybe being me is the reason that no one wants me around. Now is not the time to think about this. I'll overthink tonight, but I really need to get to class. I smile at the other two boys.