t w e n t y

Xavier watched the door close behind her disappearing figure.

"It's not like I mind it," he muttered disappointedly, mostly to himself. He headed back out to the dining table with a slight pout on his face as he began to set up breakfast.

He just wanted his good morning kiss.

20 minutes later, she finally emerged from the room with slightly damp hair and a large t-shirt that she wore often at home.

Leaning over, she placed a quick peck on his lips, immediately wiping his pout away. She turned to look at the table and a surprised expression began to form on her face.

On the table, was a sausage, egg, and cheese McGriddle from McDonalds, as well as her usual iced coffee from Massie's cafe.

"You remembered?" She asked as she took a seat across from him. "You only briefly saw what I ordered last time."

"Of course I remember," He said, looking quite proud of himself. "I'd remember even the tiniest details if they involve you."

She felt her heart swoon. Leaning over, she placed another kiss on his lips. "You're so sweet. Thank you."

Sitting back down, she began to dig in happily. She was hungry and honestly, she didn't know how she would go to work without breakfast sometimes. Aurora was actually glad Xavier had woken her up earlier.

"This is so good," Despite the time it took for her to shower, the McGriddle was still warm as she took her first bite.

Xavier took a bite of his own. He was not one to eat McDonalds often and had no idea what to order, so instead, he had gotten the same as her. "It is pretty good."

Aurora nodded with approval. "It is, isn't it?"

As she continued to eat, there was a question she had been meaning to ask. "How'd you even get back in after you left?"

"Your keys by the door," he answered, before looking at her with disapproval. "You really shouldn't leave your keys right next to the door in a bowl, sweetheart."

She was a little taken aback by the sudden statement. Her face reddened with slight embarrassment, causing her to grumble.

"I lose my keys easily."

"Why doesn't that surprise me, love?"

She gave him an exasperated expression to which he ignored happily as he continued to eat. When she finished her breakfast, she headed back into her room, letting him know that she was going to get ready.

Xavier stayed back, making sure to throw all the wrappers away into the trash. He even wiped the table down before trailing in after Aurora. It was like his second nature to keep everything clean and tidy. He stood by the door watching Aurora as she sat in front of her vanity, quickly doing her makeup.

Unlike last night, he could see that her room was fairly similar to his sisters' rooms growing up. The color scheme was filled with pinks, grays, and whites, similar to the living room, which was the complete opposite of his own place. Although quite tidy, there were still clusters around the room, which surprisingly did not bother him much.

From her peripheral vision, she could see him leaning on the doorframe, with one leg crossed over the other.

Chuckling, she gestured for him to come in. "You don't have to stay by the door."

Wordlessly, Xavier walked over to the bed, sitting down right behind Aurora. He watched as she began attach what looked like fake eyelashes to her eyes. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.