Chapter 33

They were tired, but they couldn't stop. It was roughly fifty against three; six including the tiger-nins. Sasuke's muscled ached and he dropped onto the ground with his katana being his only support. He panted heavily as he stared at his opponents with his Mangekyou Sharingan. It can only be obtained by watching a loved one die, but Sasuke is a prodigy and he used another method; a method that almost led him to insanity.

He had locked himself up for a couple of months, imagining the deaths of everyone he cared for in vivid detail. He told himself it happened and believed it with his whole heart. It was pure mind control and it drove him insane. He watched his family, his clan, his friends and Sakura die in front of him like it really happened. Finally, he achieved the Mangekyou Sharingan, surprising the members in his clan. However, he wasn't normal for awhile because he was shaken by the presence of everyone he believed was dead. The lies he told himself, he believed it. It took them great efforts to bring him back to reality again; of course, with the help of his teammates who pitied him for doing such a thing to obtain the next level of his clan's kekkei genkai.

Blood dotted his vision and it dripped down his chin like a tear. The ninja of the Haruno clan he had been fighting took the chance to land a hard kick on his head, but another person pushed him away with a blue ball of wind.

Naruto.

Reinforcements have arrived to the scene. It wasn't a lot, but the group was strong enough to help them fight back. The rogue ninjas were all tired to a certain extent and these saviours were fully charged of strength and chakra. They were their comrades who had graduated at the same time with the trio.

"Sakura-chan!" Lee called as he came to the pinkette's rescue. "Leaf Hurricane!"

His taijutsu had always been jaw dropping. Her attackers were tossed far away from the Haruno heiress who was sitting on the ground because her legs gave up on her.

"Thank you.. Lee.." She panted.

He looked back at her and pointed at himself with a grin, "I will protect you with my life!"

A kunoichi with midnight blue hair stood in front of her brother and helped him fend off his enemies.

He was breathing hard, his chest visibly moving up and down. "Hinata.."

"Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists!"

Chakra emitted from her fists like blue flames and formed the heads of a lion. She attacked the rogue ninjas, but her attacks were stopped by a similar technique.

It was another Hyūga.

She gasped at leaped back.

"Oh, hello there." He smiled, but it was nothing friendly. He was a lot younger compared to the old Hyūga from before.

"A Hyūga?" She questioned.

"They.. were a part of the Trio Prodigies.., but went rogue..." Neji responded in between breaths.

"Fang Over Fang!"

"Expansion!"

"Manipulated Tools: Heavenly Chain Disaster!"

The large group fought the rogue ninjas in which the trio quickly joined because they were charged with newfound energy from the support they had received. Then, the cave started shaking and they knew they couldn't stay under it any longer. Everyone left the cave through the cracks and gaps of the rocks, but the rogue pack took the opportunity to retreat under the orders of their leader. Once the rubbles and dust cleared up from the fall of the cave, Kakashi ordered for the trio to be carried back into the village despite their protests. Well, only Sakura was carried.