CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

It had been a few days after helping the two tribes get across The Great Divine and we had landed to rest but we woke up to Momo jumping across us, Aang had woken up scaring the sleeping lemur.

"What's going on?" Sokka asked holding his boomerang and knife in one hand. "Did we get captured again?"

"It's nothing. I just had a bad dream." Aang replied. "Go back to sleep."

"Don't have to tell me twice." I laid back down and curled into the small ball I was in, instantly falling asleep.

In the morning we started packing up. The skies were clear with a small breeze, I smiled, these were always my favorite days.

"Well, we better smoothly fly ourselves to a market because, We're out of food." Katara said climbing onto Appa.

"Guys wait! This was in my dream." Sokka said. "We shouldn't go to the market!"

"What happened in your dream?" I asked genuinely thinking it could be a sign.

"Food eats people!" He said and we shook our heads. "Also Momo, could talk, you said some very unkind things."

"Boy, I sure am glad to call you my brother." I rolled my eyes taking the rest of the things onto Appa.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

When we got to the market Katara was debating about the fruit swishing noise with the seller who was just trying to make a sell. After Katara told her we didn't have any money the lady took the basket from Sokka and kicked him.

"Out of food and out of money! Now what are we supposed to do?!" Sokka asked.

"You could get a job, smart guy!" Katara told him.

We heard an old couple arguing about a storm then Sokka offered to replace the lady who didn't want to go out in the ocean because it was going to rain. I looked up confused because it didn't look like it. Anyways Sokka asked if he was really getting paid double but that was a lie.
Aang seemed a bit scared and urged to find shelter. Then the older man was being a jerk to the poor Avatar accusing him of turning his back on the world, Aang left and Katara and I went to go look for him on Appa.

   We found him in a cave and I started a fire while he told us about how he found out he was the Avatar.
I jumped at the loud booming thunder and lightning and moved over to Appa, Not caring that I was cold. I slammed my eyes shut and covered my ears but I could still hear it all.
Anyways Aang didn't want to be the Avatar and so he ran away because he was going to be seperated from Gyatso and he didn't want that. He got mad and his air almost caused the cinders of the fire to burn Katara but he apologized. He continued to tell us that he got caught in a storm and that was the last thing he remembered before he woke up in Katara's arms. She told him that he wasn't to blame and that this all happend for a reason. I agreed with her.

"Help!" We heard. "Oh please help!"

"It's okay! You're safe." Katara ran over and lead the old lady in.

"But my husband isn't." She said.

"Where's Sokka?" I asked sitting up and walking towards Aang.

"They haven't returned, they should have been back by now, this storm is turning into a typoon. They're caught out at sea." The lady said.

"I'm going to find them." Aang announced.

"I'm going with you." Katara announced and I looked at the rain hesitating to follow, but it was Sokka.

"I'm staying here." The older lady sat down.

"I'm going too!" I followed but Katara stopped me. "What?" She nodded at the lady and I sighed.

"Here." Katara took off her necklace.

"Yeah right." I smiled but she still held it out. "Are you serious. I can—"

"I don't care." She gave it to me and left.

"We'll be back. I promise. For now Kaida will be here with you." Aang said before they left.

"Are you still cold?" I asked the lady. "I can get us more wood."

"It's all right, go hide." She spoke and I couldn't stop the blush of embarrassment that crossed my face.
I sat down and hugged my knees. "Don't be ashamed of your fears. They make us stronger." She told me and nodded.

That's exactly what mom used to say. I looked away feeling my body getting tired. I drifted to sleep in the matter of seconds.

Dream

   I ran away crying being chased by a penguin. I was completely terrified and ran into mom.

   "What's wrong, Kaida?" She asked hugging me and I pointed to the penguin. She laughed. "It's okay. She just likes you."

   "I don't care!" I sniffled and she smiled taking my hand. "Sokka's right I am a baby."

   "Kaida, look at me." She wiped my tears as I looked at her. "You should never be ashamed of your fears."
I was confused. "As long as you have a big heart, your fears will make you stronger."

   "Right!" I announced turning and jumping at how close the animal was. "Today is not the day!"

End of Dream

The lady yelled that they were back and I woke up, the storm had passed but it was still slightly raining, just not as hard which bothered me less.

   Aang and Katara came back with Sokka and the old man. The lady was happy to see her husband and I went to hug Katara and Sokka. I was glad the storm was over.
The lady told her husband to apologize to Aang but Aang told them that he didn't have too, the man asked if he can pay him fish but Aang said he didn't eat fish, so then Sokka asked if he was still getting paid, he was.
In fish.
I pat my brother's shoulder. I had to admit that was a really great scam, it finally did start raining and we took off once again after Sokka mentioned Prince Zuko.

————————
This chapter is trash and short but it was an important part of the story and well I tried to make it better but honestly I can't so yeah.
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-Edited; 7/9/21
Making changes to the book but don't worry it's all the same, if you get past here and there are two of the same number just keep reading. If not then I'm done trying to re-edit