32

Ruka (3)

We were able to find where Yon Rha lived and pin-pointed his location. We followed him around - from his small home to the market place.

We were able to make a trap as we timed how long it would take for him to get home.

"Before we do anything rash, is that him Katara?" I asked her.

She nodded. "That was the monster."

As the day went on, it began to pour. Which was expected since this morning because of the dark sky.

"How are you feeling?" Zuko whispered to me. We were hiding behind some boulders - Yon Rha only some away.

"If we could turn around and leave, I would." I forced a small laugh. Zuko put his hand on the back of my head and stroked his thumb.

We heard foot steps approaching, making us lean down. Zuko carefully took a peak. He motioned for us to crawl away from the boulder.

"Nobody sneaks up on me without getting burned!" In a split second, we saw a bush feet away from us go up in flames. Zuko pushed me down with his arm on my back.

He put up his finger, signaling for us to wait.

"Now."

We all stood up and made a run for it. Yon Rha was faced on the floor as Zuko made himself known with a small shot of fire. I stood behind him, unable to move closer.

"We weren't behind the bush." Zuko said before taking another step. "And I wouldn't try fire bending again."

"Whoever you are, take my money, take whatever you want. I'll cooperate." He was older and more frail than I would've imagined. He looked scared, but so we were when he showed up to my village.

Katara walked over to him confidently, taking down her mask. "Do you know who I am?"

"No... I'm not sure."

"Oh, you better remember me like your life depends on it! Why don't you take a closer look?"

"Yes, yes, I remember you now." His eyes went big. He looked from me to her for a second. "You're the little Water Tribe girl."

"You killed our mother that day." My voice could barely be heard from over the rain, but- he heard it.

"She said she was the last water bender. Those were my orders." He tried to defend himself, but it was no use. The more he spoke and the more he sounded like a coward, it made my blood boil. It made my heart race.

"She lied to you! She was protecting the last water bender." Katara looked away for a moment. I pushed myself passed Zuko making Yon Rha crawl back a few.

He furrowed his brows. "What? Who?"

Katara and I looked at each other before snapping our heads at him.

"Me!" "Me!"

It made me want revenge.

Katara bended the droplets of rain to float around us. I created a sort of umbrella to keep from anymore dropping. I watched as Zuko looked around then his gaze fell on me.