Chapter 8

Anakin watched as Ahsoka slept.

She just looked so peaceful.
So innocent.

He swore to himself that he would do whatever he could to make sure she stayed innocent.

"No." She mumbled softly in her sleep.

Anakin held her hand a little tighter to comfort her.

Ahsoka whimpered in her sleep.
"Mom!" She called out in Torguti. "Dad?"

Anakin could understand the two words she kept repeating.
And it broke his heart.
He hated being separated from his mother. But he couldn't imagine what she had seen when her parents were "taken."

He then started to think. She had said the droids had come to take away her parents,
But never that they were dead.

Suddenly Ahsoka shot up out of bed with a gasp.
"Mom? Dad?" She called out in tears.

Anakin looked at her as her eyes made contact with his.

Then the memories flushed back.

Ahsoka looked at Anakin before starting to sob. Anakin wrapped his arms around her and held the little girl close.

"Shh.," Anakin whispered into her Montral as she continued to sob.

"I want my parents." She sniffed.

Anakin held her tighter.

"Shh breath, it's gonna be ok." Anakin whispered as his own eyes began to brim with tears.
"I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise."

Ahsoka gave a hiccup in reply before pulling away and taking her sleeve to wipe away her tears.

"Don't let them take me away." She pleaded tears still hanging in her eyes.

Anakin then took his gloved hand to wipe away her remaining tears.
"I won't." He replied.

——————

Obi wan stood in front of the holo projected Jedi Council with a heavy heart.

"What do you mean I can't train her?" Obi wan exclaimed.
"Anakin is no longer my padawan!"

Yoda looked at Obi Wan with a sad look.

"Too old and too powerful! This would be dangerous!" Mace Windu argued.

"And you would rather her fall into the hands of the sith?!" Obi wan exclaimed.

"We cannot allow it." Another one of the members announced which caused the others to nod in agreement.

"I will train her!" A voice called out to reveal Anakin Skywalker as he entered the command center and appeared to the council in a blue hue.

"Ready he is. To train an apprentice." Yoda announced.

"Master Yoda you cannot be serious!?" Windu replied with a harsh glare to Anakin.

"Powerful this child is. Learn to control that power, you must teach." Yoda said to Anakin pointing at him with his staff.

Anakin gave Yoda a nod and Windu a cold glare before bowing to the masters and leaving.

"Thank you masters." Obi wan said with a bow.

"Watch over them you must. Master Kenobi." Yoda said in an ominous tone.

"Yes master I will." Obi wan said before turning off the holo projected and walking out of the room.

He really didn't want to miss Ahsoka's reaction to learning she was to be Anakin's padawan.

—————

Kix had stayed with her while General Skywalker left.
But she had stayed quiet.

Which was weird.

She had crossed her legs on the bed and was sitting up, had her eyes closed, and hands open in front of her. She almost looked like she was meditating.

Breathing in and out Ahsoka focused on the force signatures surrounding her.
She could sense Kix who's aura was filled with confusion and a little bit of worry. Obi wans was sad for a split second before turning into pure joy. Anakin was excited
Very excited.

"Whatcha doing there Little'un?" Kix asked breaking Ahsoka's train of thought.

"I'm listening to feelings." Ahsoka responded. She had never called it meditation and when her parents had taught it to her that was what they called it.

Kix lifted an eyebrow.
"Hey Kix!" Rex called out from down the hall. "How's-" he began before seeing that Ahsoka was awake.

"Oh thank force you scared me there Little'un!" Rex said with a sigh before wrapping Ahsoka in his arms and giving her a bone crushing hug.

Ahsoka giggled as Rex began to tickle her sides. She rolled on the bed as an attempt to escape. But failed.

"Ok now that I know she's ok. What the heck was that?!" He asked Kix as he set his hands at his sides.

"Don't know," Kix said with a sigh, before watching a running Anakin come into view, "but I've got a feeling we are about to find out."

Sorry that it took me so long!!!