5 | J U L I E T

I shook my head and blinked rapidly to get rid of the spots dotting my vision and tried to stand up. Once my eyesight cleared while I was still on all fours, a hard kick to my abdomen had me fall on my back with my hands clutching my stomach.

I looked up to see the guy with a sinister look on his face. "You think just because you turned eighteen you'd run away and we'd never find you?" He laughed mockingly down at me.

"You sick fuck." I gritted out, my sides still aching in pain.

He narrowed his eyes at me and nudged my shoulder with his foot. "Get up."

Supporting my weight on the wall, I got up, not because he told me to but because I wanted to. My back was to him and he was fairly close. My fingers curled into a fist and I pulled my hand back before whirling around to face him with full force and sending a punch straight to his face.

He wasn't expecting it and he stumbled back before falling on his rear end whilst clutching his bloody nose. His eyes flamed red. Before he could react I ran towards him before stopping right in front of him. I used my hands to gain more speed to whirl myself around my heel and used the momentum to send a kick to the side of his head.

There was a sickening crack and he dropped to the ground. I flicked my hair back from my face as I looked down at him.

Who the fuck was he? He was all nice and sweet outside but once he got me inside, he attacked me for no reason.

I walked around him and crouched down, resting my forearms over my knees as I assessed the damage I did to him. He was out cold with a wound in his temple which was bleeding from when the pointy end of my heels hit the spot hard.

I straightened up and surveyed my surroundings. No one else was in the house because if they were they would've shown up when the fight broke out.

A batch of photo frames mounted on the wall drew me to it. I inspected the five people in all of them. The similarity in all of them was that it was apparent that the parents loved the guy on the floor and another girl. The four were always huddled close in all pictures with wide grins on their faces. But the girl who looked like me was more to the side in all if them and seemed detached in the picture as a whole as if she wasn't a part of it. Although she had on a small smile, as opposed to their wide grins, she didn't seem happy in any of them.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that the bastard on the floor had mistaken me for that girl, Julia who looked like me and had ran away from this house, very much like me. But her reasons for running away were justified. She had lived in an abusive household where she was clearly the least favorite child. I found it hard to believe that they were siblings so the chance that she was adopted was very high. Nobody deserved to live with people like that guy - who's name I still didn't know and that irritated the fuck out of me. It was very likely possible that the three other people living in this house also weren't any good.

I felt bad for Julia but was proud of her for running away, even when I didn't really know her.

I walked back to the figure on the floor and nudged his head to the side with my heels, much like what he had done to me before.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked, with the base of my heels on his cheek which pressed his wound to the floor.

He groaned and cried out in pain, finally making some movements so I knew that he wasn't dead.

"Let go!" He shouted and went to push my foot off but I pressed down harder until he was squirming in pain beneath.

"Name," I said slowly, my voice a warning and daring him to do anything else.

"Dan." He spit out.

"Hmm...Dan. Do you have a death wish?" I wondered aloud and his response was a grunt.

"I did not like what you did there. If this is ever going to repeat, I won't go easy on you." I told him and then took my foot off of him. "Do you understand?"

He didn't answer so I glared down at him. "Do you understand?" I asked again firmly.

He was breathing heavily and it was obvious he was very mad that I was able to put him in that position.

His eyes briefly flickered to my side and then he was looking at me with a victorious look in his eyes. One side of his lip twitched up slightly into a malicious smirk and I switched to high alert.

If I hadn't been paying attention, my ears wouldn't have picked up the soft thuds behind me.

I whirled around swiftly in time to see a heavy vase hurtling towards me but it was too late to get out of its way so I just held my arms in front of me to shield myself.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!