56.

Zuria
An hour later

"So Zuria, how's everything? New car, new place." Ms. Gladys said to me, breaking the awkward silence that the room was in.

"Everything's good."

"A little different than I expected but good." I slightly shrugged and she nodded with a smile.

"That's good, baby."

"And how are you and Mitch?" She went on, looking from me to Mitch.

"I heard from your mother that therapy is working for the two of you.."

"Yeah. We aight, ma." Mitch spoke up for me, obviously not wanting to be grilled right now but this was the usual for me and definitely expected for tonight.

This is all they ever wanted to do. I'm just surprised they were finally grilling Mitch too.

"Oh okay. I'm just asking." She put her hands up in defense with a slight shrug.

"I just know the two of you have been having a pretty hard time.." She trailed off while my mother gave her look.

"So I'm glad to see the two you finally working it out."

"Yes, Ms. Gladys. Everything's fine, we're good, we're doing good." I expressed again, considering she was still dragging the topic out and I didn't want to talk about it.

Especially not at family dinner.

"Okay then. That's great." She smiled as the table fell into an awkward silence again.

"So what about those babies? Are we getting one any time soon, Z?" She went on, making me sigh while Mitch looked down at me.

Looking over to him, I debate if I wanted to say something or if he was going to. I just knew that we wanted to tell everyone but dinner wasn't exactly going as planned.

"Gon' head, baby." Mitch mouthed to me and I nodded slowly with a smile as he smirked, leaving a small kiss on my cheek.

"Well-" I started but was quickly cut off.

"Now everybody knows damn well Zuria isn't having any babies. She already said it. So let's move passed her and focus on Mya down there. She's our only hope now." My mother joked, instantly breaking my heart as I sat there pregnant as can be.

"But mom, first of all, I never said I didn't want any babies at all." I spoke softly, becoming fed up as my stomach turned from the food and the way that I was feeling at this here table.

My emotions were all over the place right now.

"Well hun, we've already came to terms with it now." She continued to waved me off like I meant nothing.

"Yeah, you're 23, Zuri. After 25, your odds of conceiving after a 3 month period are as low as 20 percent. You really don't have forever, honey." Ms. Gladys butted in.

"So we won't pressure you anymore." They both waved me off, making me look to Mitch, who held a mug on his face because of the way they were treating me.

"How about you though, Mya? You and Hayes having babies anytime soon?" Ms. Gladys went onto ask her as they completely dismissed me and I sat there trying my hardest not to cry.

"Well.." Hayes started but stopped as Mitch glared at him and I quickly stood to my feet to walk out of the room completely.

As I did, I made my way down the hall, trying my hardest not to bawl my eyes out. I could hear hard footsteps right behind me while I did.

"Baby." Mitch's deep voice called as I stopped in my tracks, breaking down into tears when I turned to him.

Saying nothing, he roughly pulled me to him and held me tight as I laid my head in the crook of his nec, crying hard.

I didn't even understand why I was crying right now, I usually never let them get to me but today things were just different. Like the fact that I actually am pregnant now and I can't even tell my family without negativity being spewed before so.

All of this was honestly just discouraging.

"Stop cryin'." Mitch wiped my tears away once we separated from each other and I saw Mya out of the corner of my eye, making her way towards us.

"Hey, boo. Are you okay?" She asked sympathetically, coming up beside Mitch and I simply shook my head as they both looked down at me.

I wasn't okay and I wasn't going to pretend to be. I was tired of pretending to be.,I was sick of being grilled and I was sick of feeling like I had something to prove to this family or just people in general.

I just wanted to be happy with my man and our kids.

"Well if it's makes you feel any better, my mama and your mama are both feeling like asses right now since Marley just spilled all the tea back at the table." She went onto say, making both Mitch and I look at her with shocked faces.

"Wait what?"

"What did she say?" I asked in amusement while she laughed, shaking her head.

"Well Mommy Zuri is having a baby and it's a girl baby." She said, trying to imitate Mars and it instantly warmed my heart.

"Oh my god." I spoke in awe.

"That's my fuckin' baby." Mitch nodded in encouragement and I couldn't help but to smile.

"She's a mess." Mya continued to laugh while I smiled a toothy smile.

"But now they want you to come back to the table so they can apologize." She went onto tell me and I rolled my eyes, flagging at the idea.

"They can keep their apologizes, it's not sincere no way. They always do that to me but never to him." I pointed as Mitch began to walk away, letting me and Mya talk since he wasn't too fond of Mya right now anyway.

"I mean that is true but it's only because they know Mitch ain't going for it. He'll snap real quick but you, you're an easier target."

"They're both so annoying sometimes." She went on and I nodded my head in agreement.

"That's exactly why I came back here to tell you.." She trailed off and I raised my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked suspiciously, narrowing my eyes.

Looking behind her and then back at me, she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward another room. Walking inside, she closed and locked the door behind us as I stood there completely confused.

"What's wrong, Mya?" I asked, considering the look on her face.

She looked so scared.

Saying nothing, she pushed her shirt up a bit, instantly making my eyes go wide.

"I'm pregnant too."

*