XXXI

Yanni danced around the living room with her new niece in her arms

Yanni danced around the living room with her new niece in her arms. Emori had made her way into the world on December 3rd, one day after her due date. Yanni was head over heels in love with her niece and had been hogging her all day long.

As Yanni and Saint wished, they had their families at their home for the holidays

As Yanni and Saint wished, they had their families at their home for the holidays. Since everyone already met, they had all been getting along the past two days. Zahir even got his own room separated from his sisters since their grandmother was at her son's home this year.

"My pretty baby, you making Titi's day," she cooed to Emori who stared at her with wide eyes. "You sick of me yet?" she giggled, kissing her soft cheek. Today had been slow so far, some last minute shopping had to be done, so Amere volunteered to take hers and his own mother to the mall.

They'd been gone for 4 hours now.

"Titi!" Yanni heard EJ call her, and his footsteps came stampeding down the hallway. "Have you seen my mommy?" he asked, making her laugh, because he was constantly running.

"No, pumpkin. I think mommy is with daddy taking a nap," she lied. She knew exactly where Zeke and Brienne were. They begged her to watch the kids for a few hours while they had alone time upstairs. She didn't know what they were doing—and she wasn't going to ask either.

"Okay. Can I go with pop pop?" he asked, inquiring about where her dad was. He was in the basement with the tv, where he had been since he got there. He'd been watching all kinds of nonsense, so Yanni had to make sure he wasn't watching something inappropriate for EJ.

"Let's go see what pop pop is doing first," she chuckled. He nodded and walked beside her as Yanni carried Emori. "Dad! Whatchu down here watchin'?"

"You comin down here yelling like I'm the child," he chuckled. "I'm watching Naked and Afraid," he said, making Yanni burst into laughter. "It's a marathon, leave me be, lil girl,"

"Can your grandson hang out with you? He bored. Right stink?"

"Yes pop pop, mommy and daddy are sleeping and Titi keep singing to Emmy. Uncle Saint is gone and Mimi went with him," he gave Emmanuel the whole rundown of the house and he just sat listening to him.