Chapter 2

Niko's POV:

"Good morning, Niko," my dad calls out, once he notices me departing from my bedroom, located inside our limited apartment.

"Good morning, father, " I salute him, scenting the pancakes he cooked for breakfast.

"Are you excited?" he consults me.

"Yeah, " I murmur as I sit across from him on the dining plateau.

The truth is, I'm the comprehensive opposite of fascinated. Having to go to Hooligans Camp every summer makes the pilgrimage of being an obedient daughter difficult.

Particularly with my parents being divorced, I have no option but to attend as a learner at the camp. Seeing as my dad is the camp chief, of course.

To assist my father, I always volunteer to set up the campus for weeks before the students arrive.

"You don't seem very excited, " my dad asserts, snapping me out of my trance.

"I am, really, " I insist.

"Well, I have good news that will cheer you up, " he rejoices before taking another bite of his pancakes.

"What is it, father?" I inquire softly.

"Kora will be attending the camp with you this summer, " he states while flashing me a charming smile.

Kora.

I haven't heard that name in such a long time.

"When will we be able to see her?" I wonder.

"We will be picking her up from the airport today. She's been staying in LA with her mother for a few months but since her mother needs to travel for work, she has no alternative but to stay here, " he rationalizes.

I slightly get hurt when he says 'her mother' like she isn't my mother too, but let it sink in before asking, "That's great news, when should we pick her up?"

"In an hour or so, you should change right after you're done with breakfast."

...

"I don't see why the sign is crucial, " my dad states glancing at the sign I am holding up with Kora's name on it.

"Do you suppose that she still remembers how we look?" I implore.

"Of course she does. You guys are identical twins," he mumbles.

"Oh look, father, there she is!" I clamor  once I take a glimpse at the girl who looks the exact same as me, exiting the airport.

She is petite, with dark brown Japanese shaped eyes, and shoulder-length silky black hair. She's very exquisite, to say the least, and her tight pink tank top and white shorts make her even lovelier.

"Hey, Kora, right over here!" my father exclaims, gesturing for Kora to come our way.

"Hello, Kora!" my dad and I welcome, once she is right in front of us.

"Hey, dad, " Kora greets father and embraces him in a lengthy hug, but just dismisses me.

I'm sure she didn't intend to, though.