016

"i'm unsure of a lot of things but one thing's for sure, i like you, miya. i really do"

who would've known my afternoon would turn out like this?

miya never expected these words to come from taehyung. sure, she has been flirting with him here and there but what was even the point if he couldn't even get it?

to be completely honest, all the flirting started out as a joke because miya cannot control herself around good looking creatures. but she eventually stopped when she started seeing taehyung as a friend, a close friend to be exact. also, she started feeling things for him. the same way he felt for her.

the last guy she liked, hoseok, her feelings towards him were very different compared to her feelings towards taehyung. with hoseok, she admired him a lot because of his attittude, smile and talent. when it comes to taehyung, she felt like her world was complete, like she was the happiest woman alive when they're together.

the first time she realized her strange feelings towards taehyung was that one time she and taehyung were making bread. she was busy mixing the ingredients together when taehyung suddenly says these exact words:

"i feel like i'm looking at my wife while she's preparing me dinner"

of course upon hearing this, both she and taehyung were shocked. she was shocked with his comment and taehyung was shocked that he let that slip out of his mouth. they were awkward for a few hours but taehyung broke that awkwardness when he tossed her a handful of flour.

they looked deeply in each other's eyes, miya swore she could hear her heartbeat and as well as taehyung's. but she doesn't know what to say. she has never been in this type of situation before. she always told herself that it would be a miracle if someone started liking her. now, it's actaully happening and it's not from an average person.

it's a confession from kim taehyung, a boy she met in the 18th century. kim taehyung, he isn't just an average person, he is the most beautiful human miya has ever laid her eyes on. compared to him, miya would look like a raisin. it was just too good to be true. she wasn't jiwoo with the bursting visuals, she was miya, just an average girl that happened to meet taehyung.

"i don't know what to say, tae," she whispers. taehyung tightens his grip on her hands and that's when she realized they were still holding each other's hands, "i know, it sounds ridiculous. but miya, i just want you to know that my feelings are genuine. i may play around a lot, but this time, i'm not. to be completely honest with you, everything that's happening, everything i'm feeling, they're all new to me. i don't know how to react to them or how to deal with them but i know for a fact that i should be telling you this"

miya was going to say something but he beats her to it and continues, "i know we just met but as odd as it sounds, i feel like we've known each other for who knows who long! it feels like i was meant to meet you. it's such an odd feeling,
miya. i, it's like i can't be complete without you. you make me warm inside, you make me smile with whatever you do and it's making me crazy. the time you bumped into me and we met each other for the first time, i could've just told you to find another person to stay with. but you know what i did? i let you stay with me. i wasn't alarmed, i wasn't afraid you'd be a threat to our lives, i welcomed you with open arms and it's something you should never do with a stranger. this place, it's where my parents met and confessed to each other and now here i am confessing to you" he chuckles, "thinking about it now, it's funny to think that i'd fall in love with someone that bumped into me five days ago"

if you're wondering what miya feels right now, it's this:

SFISJFOSOGJXKSKCKZVOFOXLVNFIAIWORGJXQOROCNXLCKSIVIZAOFIKDJRFUCKVJAPFCJIWIGPSQPSZKCJVKGOOEOWZJFFWOGCOVKKDAOQOEIVIZJAKCIKKCKXKKXJSOEFISAIIZJFKWOFOCNSAKQOEOEFJCICIFIWIPCGKSKANXCNSPEROVIEHEFUCK

she wasn't really a firm believer of the concept of love at first sight nor was she a believer of falling in love in such a short span of time. but now, it's happening rght in front of her eyes. she wanted to say something, her mouth would open but close again. no words were coming out of her mouth. she wanted to say, "FUCK YEAH KIM TAEHYUNG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY BITCH I LIKE YOU TOO WHEN IS THE WEDDING" but her own self failed her. she feels like her face is going to explode any moment, she feels like she's going to puke, she feels like she's intoxicated and she had never had alcohol in her entire life.

taehyung, however, he was waiting for miya to reply. but miya, she never said anything after taehyung's speech. taehyung had a sad smile on his face, "you don't have to answer right now, i can wait," he softly says while tightening his grip one last time before letting miya's hands go. "let's go home?", miya immediately nods and they walk back home with an awkward atmosphere.

they walked without saying a word to each other. miya wanted to just hug him and tell him she felt the same way, taehyung wanted to hug and and tell her he'd do anything to make her the happiest woman alive. but we can't really have everything we want in life, can we? miya feet were starting to hurt but she didn't want taehyung to know this. miya didn't know that he was waiting for her to complain and ask him to carry her just like she did moments ago. she didn't know that he knew her feet were already hurting.

taehyung halts, making miya stop as well. he bends down, "get on my back," he calmly says. miya shook her head, "tae, it's fine--"

"i know you're lying, miya. get on my back, i don't want your feet to hurt," hesitantly, miya gets on taehyung's back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

they soon arrived at the bakery and they were immediately greeted by taehyung's bubbly aunt, "welcome back! did you two have fun?," she wiggled her eyebrows. taehyung carefully kneeled, letting miya down, "we had fun," miya replies and taehyung just nods. miya goes in the home and taehyung is left with his aunt, "what happened back there, dear?"

"i like miya, i only realized it earlier so i confessed," he sadly says. his aunt's eyes soften but she gives him a smile, "i know that face, that's the same face your father had when he first confessed!," she laughed. "taehyung-ah, let her think about it. feelings are complicated, give her some time and i'm sure she'll give you the answer you want," taehyung smile at his aunt.

inside of him, he really hoped she'd give him the answer he's expecting.

the night was quiet. they were beside each other, yes. but they were facing different directions and an awkward tension filled the room. taehyung was uncomfortable, he needed to hug something, someone and miya was the one but hugging miya wasn't the best idea considering he just confessed. miya, she just feels uncomfortable knowing that taehyung likes her and she likes him back, not to mention that she kinda got used to taehyung hugging her at night.

they couldn't sleep, that was basically the summary of their night.

▪▪▪

we still no. one of billboard hot100 ;) the power. deserved. stan bts, thank you.

// miks